We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The clock tower apartments

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
livingston
reviews: 20
The clock tower apartments

Hi peeps

Has anyone stayed in these apartments ? They're just off merchant city and is there parking available ?

20 replies to this topic
glasgow
reviews: 53
11. Re: The clock tower apartments

I wouldn't recommend these, they are used often as party apartments with up to 40 crammed into the apartment, the police are regularly called at the weekends.. There seems to be confusion regarding their location, the ones I am referring to are on castle street.

Elgin
12. Re: The clock tower apartments

Have just stayed there this week, is awful, not cleaned, toilet seats broken, showers flood, bins not emptied, dirty etc. Parking is free over night 6pm to 8 am but 60p per 12 mins during the day!

Customer service poor absolutely ot a 4 star would struggle with 1-2 stars - could be great but the owners don't rate their customers

Inverness, United...
reviews: 1
13. Re: The clock tower apartments

DO NOT stay here. It is a total dump. We arrived to be told our room wasn't ready and it would be another half an hour. We arrived an hour and a half before returning to find we still had to wait a further 30 minutes!!!!! The staff couldn't care less and we're as rough as they come. When shown to our apartment there was sick in the lane that led to the apartment entrances. When we finally got into our apartment, it was very disappointing. The blind in the main living room was missing and the other one closed and didn't open. The kitchen was dirty and marks all along the wall. In fact the flat was dirty full stop and smelled rotten!!! The carpet was lifted and there were sharp metal edges showing - not good when you have a two year old!!!!! The main bedroom was ok but the en-suite smelled dirty and the toilet seat was missing. It had been carefully flung into the hallway cupboard along with the broken blinds!!!! We decided we couldn't stay there and booked into another hotel. Although we were assured we would be refunded our money by the owner, we are still waiting!!!!! My advice - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
14. Re: The clock tower apartments

For future reference can anyone confirm exactly where these apartments are?

Certainly ones to be avoided going by the comments on here but a bit of confusion as to their location earlier by the one person who raves about them who I suspect may have been associated with them!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 237
15. Re: The clock tower apartments

madscot I wonder if they mean the Clocktower Suites? They were being listed on Laterooms but I wonder if the mixed reviews resulted in them no longer selling this 'boutique' accommodation. Perhaps the previous newbie posters will confirm? laterooms.com/en/hotel-reviews/274168_the-ci…

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 237
16. Re: The clock tower apartments

ps the above Laterooms link to The Clocktower Suites uses the url for The City Suites. The City Suites Glasgow also seems to be a name used for The B Suites Glasgow which has pretty horrendous reviews. I wonder if there is a connection? Aye curiosity killed the cat.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
17. Re: The clock tower apartments

The plot thickens!

On the Laterooms link it shows the building that used to be part of the Royal Infirmary, in fact the Dispensary if I'm not mistaken.

This building lay derelict for years and in the last 2 years was renovated and more recently a Deli has opened at street level although how they make it pay is a mystery due to it being right on a set of traffic lights at a very busy junction whereby passing motorists could not possibly stop.

But what puzzles me is the view outside the window of the living room photo?

It clearly shows a typical Glasgow blonde sandstone tenement opposite but this is impossible as directly opposite is nothing but the car parks for the Royal and Cathedral Sq?

To the side and rear is the imposing grey sandstone mass of the Royal Infirmary and the other side is attached to the new multi storey car park?

In short this photo was not taken from that building, another clue is the window frames are to modern for a listed building like that which are clearly sash type in keeping with the design.

Workington, United...
reviews: 1
18. Re: The clock tower apartments

we booked this apt for 2 nights. One word: discusting !!! It was dirty but not just a bit..... Our plan was to have our diner over there. Impossible. No pan, all the dishes were dirty, impossible to use the microwave ( the Inside was cover with food). Half of the light bulbs were missing. Condom wrappers in the bedrooms, Toilet seat broken, carpet dirty ( don't even think walking barefoot). It was a 2 bedrooms apt but with only 2 chairs... also there are some jars with coffee, sugar and tea but with lot of spots of tomato sauce from Inside the jars, how nice! Lots of dust and not fresh dust..... What else... Noisy, Noisy and Noisy.We asked them to clean .... they did but let just said we don't have the same idea about cleaning. The lift was out of service ( the apt is on the 4th floor). No insulation whatsoever.The bin wasn't empty.... And i'm not telling you everything. AVOID!!!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
19. Re: The clock tower apartments

Hey. Yeah stayed here a few times. Nice place. They are self catering apartments with a coffee shop downstairs. The staff are friendly and are apartments are pretty cool. They are not actually in the merchant city but 5 minutes walk away. I was there again last week and there's been some emergency scaffolding erected on the outside which makes the place look a bit ugly but everything is the same on the inside.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
20. Re: The clock tower apartments

Hey. Yeah stayed here a few times. Nice place. They are self catering apartments with a coffee shop downstairs. The staff are friendly and are apartments are pretty cool. They are not actually in the merchant city but 5 minutes walk away. I was there again last week and there's been some emergency scaffolding erected on the outside which makes the place look a bit ugly but everything is the same on the inside. Parking - yes there are two at parks right next to it. One is just across the road and is free after 6pm until 8am. The other is a multi storey just next door which will be the more expensive option.

Reply to: The clock tower apartments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted