We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near subway north of river

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stirling
reviews: 1
Parking near subway north of river

Hi Folks,

We will be through in Glasgow on Mon 3rd Dec to take a friend to the Christmas market in St Enoch's Sq,we will arrive at about 11am. We would like to park near a subway station north of the river as it will be convenient for us later in the evening. Any tips on which would be the easiest option would be much appreciated,I know that all parking will be busy but you folks may be able to point us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Moira.

Helensburgh, United...
reviews: 73
1. Re: Parking near subway north of river

I would opt for Partick where you will have the choice of underground or rail.

Scotland
reviews: 6
2. Re: Parking near subway north of river

Kelvinbridge Subway has its own car park.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Parking near subway north of river

If you are coming from Stirling then Partick is not very convenient. Is there a reason you need to be next to a subway station? You would be far better off parking for free at Croy or Lenzie and taking the train in to town or indeed taking the train all the way from Stirling and forgetting about the car.

If you really want to use the subway then the P&R at Shield Road is as convenient as any other just off the M8. If you have not been to Glasgow for some time then the road layout is much better coming from Stirling now. You have the choice of using the M80 & M8 or the M73 then M74. It's a far better road than it used to be.

Helensburgh, United...
4. Re: Parking near subway north of river

Good thinking Ronaldo. I had my Helensburgh hat on when I replied and was thinking of my route into Glasgow.

UK
reviews: 102
5. Re: Parking near subway north of river

The Kelvinbridge Underground station has its own parking. Exit the M8 to the A82 Great Western Road. Turn left at Park Road before the Kelvinbridge station and the entrance to the car park is on the right at the next junction.

Enjoy!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Parking near subway north of river

Unless you are stopping off in one of the Northern Glasgow suburbs then I would recommend getting the train from Stirling itself or driving to Croy and catching the train from there. Croy has a huge car park so chances are you will be able to find a space there no problem and it is free as well unlike the car park at Kelvinbridge Subway where it costs £5, although that includes a return journey on the subway.

Stirling
reviews: 1
7. Re: Parking near subway north of river

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their replies,think Kelvinbridge sounds best for us.

We will be using the subway to visit various places throughout the afternoon,but want to end the day on the north side of the river to meet with other friends.

Cheers.

Moira.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 293
8. Re: Parking near subway north of river

I've used the park and ride at Kelvinbridge Subway Station several times and can certainly recommend it. Look out for signs when driving along the Great Western Road (A82) in Glasgow.

9. Re: Parking near subway north of river

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 17, 2013