We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

My wife and I will be travelling to Glasgow in June 2013 to visit family.

I am an ex-pat Scot living in Brisbane, I just married my Aussie wife this year and we are thinking of planning a private dinner party during our visit to make up for the fact that some of my family could not make it over for the wedding in Australia.

We enjoy good food and don't mind paying for quality. We would be looking for a venue that could accomodate up to 15 guests and provide a nice intimate atmosphere. We are flexible in terms of mid-week/weekends...we are on holiday after all!

So, if you were arranging a private dinner party for your immediate family in Glasgow, where would you go and why?

Paisley
reviews: 39
1. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Hi Justin, Congratulations on your wedding I would recommend The Bothy in the West end of Glasgow a direct lift from their website -Bothy Glasgow

At the heart of Glasgow’s West End, The Bothy Glasgow offers a fantastic private dining room which caters for 16 to a max of 22 people.

Perfect for a private celebration, business meeting or a friends get together. I would siggest its worth considering as it's great Scottish food in lovely surroundings and being in the West end there are a wealth of really nice pubs to visit afterwards or if you aren't as concerned about a private dining area the Ubiquitous chip in Ashton Lane is magical. Again the food is top notch but the setting is breathtaking. Ashton Lane is awash with bars and a fantastic small cinema that is also worthy of a visit even if just to cosy up on the sofas at the back of the cinema with your new wife, a bottle of wine and a chance to see one of the latest new releases. The cinema is called The Grosvenor.I know you hadn't asked about that but just flung it in as I love the place!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
2. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Thats the west end taken care of, in the city centre if you dont mind cantonese then can i recommend the Ho Wong in York St.

They have seperate small room which we have had up to 25 in for family occassions before.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Thanks BeanyBeagle, that does indeed sound great. I will check out the Bothy as a possible venue.

I am aware of the Ubiquitous Chip from my last visit home and agree it's great.

Thanks for the tip for the Grosvenor, it wouldn't take much convincing to add this to a night out.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Thanks MS, Brisbane has some great cantonese food so I was hoping for something a bit more traditional. cheers for the suggestion anyway.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Id recommend the buttery amazing food Scottish produce beautiful surroundings and fantastic wine. My mouth is watering thinking about it.

glasgow
reviews: 57
6. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

I would second the Bothy in Ruthven lane. The food and service are excellent. I had my wedding meal in the private dining room upstairs and it was a fabulous day. The staff all wear kilts and it is a traditional scottish home cooked restaurant with a great menu choice at a really reasonable price.

look no further... honest,

Audrey xx

http://www.bothyglasgow.co.uk/

Scotland
reviews: 30
7. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

I have literally just returned from Brisbane! I held a private dinner party for 25 last year to celebrate my daughters graduation. We had a wonderful day and evening in beautiful souroundings in Oran Mor's private dining room. This is the link - oran-mor.co.uk/dining/private-dining-room/

The dinner is served on the one large table (the former boardroom table at the SFA) and it has its own private bar. There is even leather seating to breakaway for a drink. The website shows the room, so you will see what its like bt referring to that. We picked the menu from a few options and the service and food was excellent. The room was freely available and the price for the meal was around £25 per head from memory.

It was a nice intimate atmosphere and quite different from the usual.

Hope you both have a lovely time in Glasgow.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 149
8. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Private Dining Room available also at The Restaurant Bar & Grill in the Princes Square, off Buchanan Street in the City Centre. We have used it for business dinners and have never been disappointed. Cool restaurant and good location

Glasgow, United...
9. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

Hi Just noticed your message-- Try Urban abr & brasserie Really beautiful restaurant! Private Dining too.

www.urbanbrasserie.co.uk

10. Re: Which Venue for Private Dinner Party?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 19, 2014