We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Up to date Italian recommendation!

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
reviews: 94
Up to date Italian recommendation!

Hi guys

Restaurants seem to change so quickly these days - which Italians within walking distance of the centre (based in West George Street) do you Glasgow boys (and girls) recommend at the moment?

Loch Lomond
reviews: 113
1. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

La Lanterna in Hope Street is very highly rated but I haven't ate there myself. Glasgow city centre has loads of good Italian places. You can't really go wrong (unless you go to Jamie's Italian)!

scotland
reviews: 32
2. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

Hi there

Amarone 2 Nelson Mandela Place is a great place to eat and not to expensive very near to West George Street. Would highly recommend.

Doncaster, United...
3. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

Thanks! Amarone is one of our regulars Katie - we were glad we weren't there when there was the siege! Haven't seen La Lanterna Alex but will check out the reviews.

Helensburgh, United...
reviews: 75
4. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

What about Pesto on St Vincent Street. Italian tapas-style. I've reviewed this restaurant and along with many others, would highly recommend.

Doncaster, United...
5. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

Thanks so much Johnboy - this looks great! I can't think why I haven't noticed it before.

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
6. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

La Lanterna or Piccolo Mondo. Make sure that you book on the 5pm website as there are some fab set meals available.

Hamilton, United...
reviews: 201
7. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

Haven't been for a while bu La Lanterna used to be really good.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

I like Piccolo Mondo, Italian Caffe and Italian Kitchen. They are all excellent!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

I second Sin715 - italian caffe or italian kitchen are definitely the best!

UK
reviews: 107
10. Re: Up to date Italian recommendation!

True, there are so many Italian restaurants to choose from in Glasgow's city centre - from national chains like Jamie Oliver's, Pesto and Carluccio's to the ones run by the local Scots-Italians.

My personal favourites in the city centre are Paperinos@78 on St. Vincent Street and Osteria Piero on West Regent Street.

Buon appetito!