We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportaion to London

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
transportaion to London

Which kind of transportation is most popular to go to London from Glasgow?

And how can I get the information, such as whether to need a reservation or something.

I'm going to visit Glasgow first time this fall and planning to visit London too.

Please help me!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: transportaion to London

The most popular form of transportation may be by plane for some and train for others - depends on how you would like to travel.

I recommend a train journey. It takes a bit more time than flying, but you can see a lot of the countryside, and will be city centre to centre, instead of taking the time and money to get to and from the airports.

Virgin trains or GNER trains will take you from Glasgow to London in under four hours, with no change of train needed(Glasgow Central to Euston or King's Cross). Fares range from 26GBP Standard class single to 38GBP First class single with 14 days advance purchase. Standard class return fares start at 40GBP, First class return from as little as 59GBP for off peak travel.

You can fly from Glasgow to LHR return for about 66GBP with BMI - they offer fares from as little as 8GBP each way, but taxes are about 45GBP on top of the fare. This fare with BMI allows you only 20kg of checked baggage.

If you choose to go by train, the sooner you book the better your choice of fares will be. A seat reservation may or may not be required on long distance trains.

You could also look in to the low cost air carriers, such as Ryanair or easyJet, but they will fly from Luton or Stansted, which entail travelling in and out of London.

Have a look at www.nationalrail.co.uk, www.flybmi.com for further information.

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 35
2. Re: transportaion to London

I would recommend flying from Glasgow International Airport. Check out the following airlines for prices:

www.easyjet.com

www.flyglobespan.com

www.flybmi.com

www.ba.com

You will fly into either Gatwick, Heathrow or Stansted airports and all have good rail links into Central London. Prices tend to be cheaper with easyjet and globespan. The earlier you book the cheaper the price.

Ancaster, Canada
reviews: 65
3. Re: transportaion to London

In 2 weeks, I'm flying Stanstead to Glasgow via easyjet for $42. Cdn including taxes. Cheaper than taking the bus!