We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italmania Closed?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 242
Italmania Closed?

One of the kids favourite pizza cafes, its on the corner of Argyle St and Union St near Central Station.

The place has been shut for weeks with a note in the window saying "Closed - Sorry". I'm thinking it could be an extended Christmas break, but then again..............

Anyone got the lowdown?

:-(

Hamilton, United...
reviews: 199
1. Re: Italmania Closed?

It certainly looks like it has gone for good but to be honest with that location it does not surprise me. The area is now so run down and very dodgy with the teen gangs making the 4 corners their favourite haunt. The sooner that area gets a good clean out and tidy up the better.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
2. Re: Italmania Closed?

Its on the edge of a run down bit, right enough, but handy for Central Station and Buchanan Street. Italmania always seemed to do a roaring trade and I never saw any trouble there, but then again it was usually in the daytime, and only once at night. If its gone, it will be missed. It had a bit of character in a sea of fast food chains!

www.italmania.com doesn't mention the closure at all:-(

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 2
3. Re: Italmania Closed?

We all know there's far better places for Italian food in the city though.

Fair enough, it was different.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
4. Re: Italmania Closed?

Absolutely agree Severin, and I am working my way through them. I'm thinking of the sort of Italians you really want to linger at and savour the food (and drink). Italmania was a great 'hit and run' kind of italian. Perfect for those days when you are frazzled, weighed down with shopping and on your way back to catch the train:-)

Hamilton, United...
reviews: 199
5. Re: Italmania Closed?

It was great for waiting on your taxi late at night whilst avoiding the hoardes. I think the problem may be down to the location however as i work pretty close to that area and there is no doubt the area has gone downhill quite a lot in the evening. You are right about it being something a little different amongst the established fast food in the area however.

Glasgow
reviews: 5
6. Re: Italmania Closed?

I hated that place anyway. Anytime i got dragged in there the staff were so rude and full of themselves like they worked in The Ritz. The food was greasy and tasteless as well.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
7. Re: Italmania Closed?

Thats a shame Alanna. I can only speak from my own experience, and I will say that we (as a family) only ever had pizza and maybe a coffee afterwards. Simple pleasures......and it was all good and served with a smile. Looks like we need to find another cheap and cheerful cafe for a 'post shopping' stop near Central Station. Any suggestions?

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 2
8. Re: Italmania Closed?

The Bier Halle on Gordon St. does 2-for-1 pizzas all day for most of the week.

Great beer selection too.

Had a wee focaccia from there this evening.

Good times.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
9. Re: Italmania Closed?

Thanks Severin. Sounds good:-)

Glasgow
reviews: 5
10. Re: Italmania Closed?

the places in central station are ok if a little expensive. There is a lovely tea shop up the stairs on gordon street its up the stairs from a bakery i cant remember the name. Beer Halle is nice. Also, i know its not particularly near central but we always stop in at the little cafe in debenhams....never fails! :)

btw im still laughing to myself about the dont go to sartis post hahaha

Alanna