We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 2
Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

I'm planning a surprise trip for my partner on these dates but i'm working on a budget. Looking for a fairly decent Hotel or Guesthouse near the City Centre.

Anyone no of any special rates offered in hotels in February?

Glasgow
1. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

Jury's Inn,Jamaica St seems to be popular with Irish visitors.

Have a look at some of the reviews on this site.

You could also look at Express by Holiday Inn,West Nile St,

Premier Travel inn,George St and Ibis,West Regent St.

Aberdeenshire...
reviews: 48
2. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

Hi

Have you considered a self catering apartment as an alternative? It often works out to be a good price and gives you the freedom to come and go as you please, cook your own meals (which would save a lot for lunches, breakfast etc compared to hotels) and also gives you the option of a romantic night in.

My parents stayed at an apartment in Merchant City, although I cannot remember the name, and loved it. I would look at the TA reviews on speciality lodges to see what others recommend, I think you may be surprised what a high standard of accomodation you can get for the same price as a mediocre hotel.

Hope this helps.

Glasgow
3. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/et…

This Etap Hotel has just opened in Glasgow at the Springfield Quay. It's a 5 minute walk from the city centre with excellent bus links (or ~£4 in a taxi.)

To top it off it's only £32 per night all the time! Worth a look, I think......

g4rad
4. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

Hi,

if the above hotel is not available have a look at www.Hotel4anight.com they have the Corus in the city centre at £188 for your entire stay - looks nice too! Good luck

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

suppose it depends on the accommodation budget

have stayed in the Etap, it's basic, clean and relatively close to the city centre - but if your looking for somewhere romantic then it's not that, it's got a double bed with a bunk over the top and the ensuite is in the room, I mean the shower opens into the bedroom and the toilet is a wee cupboard in the corner, cant fault it for the price and if your just looking for somewhere to crash then it's perfect, there are restaurants and a cinema etc on the doorstep.

As the previous post said, it's only £32 per room night.

another option is searching laterooms.com - but being valentine’s weekend everywhere is pretty pricey!

good luck!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

just read the last post - the Corus is right on Argylle Street (stayed there too)

Much nicer for couples than the Etap (although not knocking it!)and that's a great price for 4 nights if you can get it! (plus you get your breakfast!)

Glasgow
7. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

Try the ETAP which has been built not long ago, £32 a night. At a odeon cinema, can walk into town (10-15min)but would get taxi back at night if in the town. La Fiorintina's restraunt is near if you wanna stay close to the hotel and eat at a good place but also many chain places in the springfield quay complex which it is in.

taxi should be easy to come by in Feb but there maybe a wait, book one if you want to miss the ques.

Ireland
8. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

I've finally got my accomodation sorted, i booked into the Devoncove Hotel for £50 B & B per nite, which i think is fairly reasonable. being our first time in Glasgow i hope this is a good base! I would be interested to hear from anyone who has stayed here recently.

Glasgow, Scotland
9. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

The Devoncove Hotel is around the corner from my office, and though I don't know much about the hotel itself, you're in a great location for exploring both the city centre and the west end.

To the top end of town (Sauchiehall Street area) where there are plenty of great restaurants it's about a seven or eight minute walk, and in the opposite direction to the west end (Byres Rd area) where there are even more good restaurants and bars it's about the same again.

You're also just a couple of minutes away from the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, the beautiful Gilbert Scott Building at Glasgow University with its associated musems (Hunterian, Rennie Mackintosh House.)

To most attractions in town or the west end you're no more than a £5 taxi away if you don't fancy walking, so all in you've made a great choice for location. Have a great time!

10. Re: Budget Accomodation (14th to 18 Feb 2008)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 16, 2009