We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Glasgow for teens?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North West
What to do in Glasgow for teens?

My family is traveling to Glasgow in a few weeks and we need ideas on what to do while we are there. Particularly, there are three teens in the family; what are some good activities for teens?

Thanks!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 7
1. Re: What to do in Glasgow for teens?

Really depends what they're interests are...

You could start by having a look at the 'Things to go in Glasgow' part of this site:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186534-Activi…

Glasgow, Scotland...
reviews: 10
2. Re: What to do in Glasgow for teens?

Hi There

There are lots of things for teenagers to do in Glasgow, it just depends what there are "in to". There are loads of places to eat and shop. There are loads of places they can visit if they like that sort of thing. We also have clubs that run nights for "unders" for teens that are under 18. These are adult nightclubs that admit adults after 11pm but let teenagers only in from 6-10.

I can also recommend the website www.s1play.com which lists all sorts of activities on offer.

hope this helps

Slainte!

North West
3. Re: What to do in Glasgow for teens?

Well, there are two boys and a girl. The girl likes reading and writing and creative stuff. The boys like video games and books. They are all pretty athletic and play sports. They would pretty much be up for anything, I just don't know what to look for.

Thanks for the help! (Oh, what are some popular teen hangouts? Soda shops or coffe shops or what-not...)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: What to do in Glasgow for teens?

I have a 14 year old daughter living in Glasgow. I would recommend the science museum which will fill at least half a day. There is also an I-Max theatre there (180 degree screen). All the museums are free also (apart from the science museum).

There are lots of shopping centres (malls) in Glasgow where teens hang out. Also there is the Xtreme centre at Braehead where there is a real snow ski slope all year round and climbing walls.

The great thing about Glasgow is that you are only ever 30mins from fantastic countryside. Take a trip to Loch Lomond or down the Clyde. Enjoy

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
5. Re: What to do in Glasgow for teens?

Hi Belle

Agree with Ronaldo above.

Although the place he mentioned at Braehead is actually called Xscape. From how you described them, It sounds as if they would like it, especially if they are into skiing or snowboarding as there is a Big indoor ski slope. It is quite expensive though.

I'd also suggest spending time in the West End, if they are younger teens (or maybe even the older ones!) they might like the museums at Kelvingrove, plus the west end always has a kind of student-y feel - even in the summer holidays.

Glasgow, United...
6. Re: What to do in Glasgow for teens?

take them to Xscape at Braehead - they can bowl, ski, snowboard, play soccer, adventure golf, climbing walls etc whilst you go shopping.

7. Re: What to do in Glasgow for teens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 05, 2009