We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 27
Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

George Square is alive with Sevilla fans this morning, singing and having a ball as they mill around ready for the match tonight. Unfortunately it's a bit wet and cool today so far, but yesterday, when lots of them arrived, was sunny and warm.

I hope they make their way to Cafe Andaluz , just adjacent to the Square - it's a good tapas place (well from a British perspective anyway!!) I wonder if they'll agree!! Last time I was there it was mainly Poles behind the bar!!

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
1. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

And can you beleive the game IS NOT ON THE TELLY TONIGHT!

saw lots of supporters in Edinburgh yesterday all having a great time,i think many must be staying in Edinburgh .

Hope they all have a great time wherever they are staying.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 247
2. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

West FM was alerting everyone in Ayrshire this morning that 7 planeloads of Spanish footie fans were about to land at Prestwick airport and head to Glasgow. Bet it made the morning commute interesting, lol! They'll get a warm welcome in Glasgow, even if is raining:-)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Goa, Scottish Highlands
reviews: 141
3. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

Gus I'm not sure if you have freeview but the gamea is on ITV4.

p.s. Hope you had a great time in Prague

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

I have ITV4 on cable ,so i will watch it on that.

might even open up a bottle of Spanish wine for the occasion.

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

Goanjock,Prague was great as usual.there will be a big report on TA once I get round to writing it,but suffice to say plenty of beer and food went down the old throat.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Goa, Scottish Highlands
reviews: 141
6. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

Glad to here you had a great time and I'll keep my eye out for the report :-) Enjoy that bottle of wine and get a few tapa's in too :-)

Glasgow
reviews: 27
7. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

It is now 11 am and the noise is deafening!!!

But yes they are having a great time by the sound of it..........what they are singing at the moment sounds a bit like "You'll never walk alone" - must be the Spanish equivalent!!!!

There's a band, stage and the full works, not conducive to serious work though....lol!! Spare a thought for all of us in offices roundabouts.........

But so far as tfhe match is concerned........As long as it isn't on mainstream telly I am happy.............;) Wouldn't want to miss The Apprentice.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 247
8. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

The webcams in Georges Square don't seem to be working today - would love to see that crowd enjoying themselves. The live streaming cam from Buchanan Street shows a slightly more sedate scene:

camvista.com/scotland/…buchananstreetlive.php

Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 12
9. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

Heard some Sevilla fans enjoying themselves last night in Rose Street in Edinburgh!!!!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
10. Re: Wonderful atmosphere for the footie!!

Hi Susannah

Just been out for lunch, and its even busier, although I think a lot of folks are spilling out from George Sq to get a bite to eat.

Great atmosphere - just a shame its raining.

Even the busker on Buchanan St is singing in Spanish!

Don't know if he's visiting, or just an enterprising local....

He's quite good whoever he is.

Just nice to have a break from the bag-pipes, and the Bob Marley sound-a-like !!

JB