We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swiming

Which Falkirk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
swiming

I will be in town (falkirk for 3 weeks ) as I love swimming is there any lap pools in the area

4 replies to this topic
Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 5
1. Re: swiming

The Mariner Centre in Camelon, it is right next to Camelon train station.

There is also a swimming pool at the Grangemouth Sports Complex.

http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org

Perth, Australia
2. Re: swiming

Thanks for that info after a swim I like a fine ale can anybody recommend a good pub in falkirk

falkirk, scotland
3. Re: swiming

Hi Dave s, you never said when you were coming to Falkirk, but if it's not too late, then...

The mariner centre is more of a leisure pool, if you want to do laps you'd be better going to Grangemouth sports complex. It's a bit further away and easier if you had a car.

For real ales in Falkirk, I would suggest a visit to either the Wheatsheaf, a friendly older style pub, or Behind the Wall a more lively venue.

Upstairs in BTW they have a few different ales on tap and it used to have its own micro brewery (I'm sure it's still there).

If you're on a budget, JD Wetherspoons in the town might suit you better, but it may only offer a solitary real ale.

I'm not a real ale drinker myself but Falkirk has quite a few watering holes should you wish to check out some others while you're here.

Regards

Mick

Perth, Australia
4. Re: swiming

thanks mick for that info I will be in falkirk 3 july for 2 weeks and will have hire car regards dave

Reply to: swiming
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Falkirk