We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graduation dinner

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 13
Graduation dinner

I know this has been asked before but I'm looking for a mid-budget place for my graduation dinner next month. Nothing very over-the-top. Can you all suggest places where a two course meal would be, say around £15 (don't know if that's mid or low budget now!)? Followed by somewhere nice to go for coffee/dessert after?

I'd like to go somewhere with a bit of character, if that's possible.

Edinburgh, United...
1. Re: Graduation dinner

I could do one of those pre-theatre menu sets. Any recommendations?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 212
2. Re: Graduation dinner

Hi. I think a pre threatre set menu would be best for you, £15 for 2 courses is getting harder these days.

You can get a pre theatre set menu for £15 ish at the Witchery! Very different. Tiny portions though - head somewhere for a filling dessert...

Abs :)

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: Graduation dinner

Ricks in Fredrick street do a great £10 deal with starter and main but it's a modern restaurant so not much character but a positive aspect would be that the menu suits all ages.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
4. Re: Graduation dinner

Forgot to post the link to the website so that you can check out the menu:

www.ricksedinburgh.co.uk/ricks-restaurant/

Gifford, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
reviews: 115
5. Re: Graduation dinner

£13.95 for 2 course and glass of wine pre-theater served 5pm but you must be finnished and away by 7.30 Cafe Cassis, great Scottish/French food.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
reviews: 12
6. Re: Graduation dinner

Howies on Waterloo Place do a two-course pre-theatre dinner for £14.95. It's in a beautiful old building and has recently been refurbished.

www.howies.uk.com/edinburgh_waterloo.php

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-…

Edinburgh, United...
7. Re: Graduation dinner

What a great array of choices in all your replies! Thank you, I shall let you know where I chose and why!

8. Re: Graduation dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 05, 2014