We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inns

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 49
Premier Inns

Hi all,

Need some help/views!

I've never stayed at a Premier Inn. I've looked at the reviews and also their website. Seems decent enough.

Can anyone whose stayed at Premier Inn (in Edinburgh and around Scotland) share their views on the chain of hotels? Is it very very basic, much like a hostel? Or is it sufficiently comfortable?

At the price, I'm not expecting 5 star luxury, but would like a sense of what to expect. Apart from Premier Inns, what other reasonably priced accommodation would you recommend? (My budget, I suppose is not more than 120 pounds a night.)

Thanks much all!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
reviews: 44
1. Re: Premier Inns

Premier Inns are simple, clean and comfortable chain hotels. Impersonal but efficient. Nothing like a hostel at all. And they usually cost much less than £120 a night.

Singapore
2. Re: Premier Inns

Thanks so much for your comments.

What I meant was that if I need to spend more for a better place, my budget would be up to 120 pounds.

London, United...
reviews: 58
3. Re: Premier Inns

Outside of festival time (August), you can get a room in a wide range of Edinburgh hotels for £120/night. Try the Apex chain. I've never stayed in a PI hotel, but their slogan is "everything is premier but the price" so clearly they are going for the mid-market, budget conscious traveller in their approach. They are definitely not hostels and should be a step up from Travelodge (which is really more hostel-like)

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 5
4. Re: Premier Inns

We use them a lot when travelling as a family, although note a lot of their locations can be on the outskirts of towns/cities. But I'd be happy to recommend Premiers Inns to family or friends looking for accomodation.

Singapore
5. Re: Premier Inns

Very grateful for all comments! Very reassuring! Thanks again.

6. Re: Premier Inns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 24, 2014