We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Edinburgh apartment?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 2
Which Edinburgh apartment?

We are a family of four. We will be arriving at the Glasgow airport in the morning in mid-June, picking up a rental car, and then spending one night in Edinburgh before heading up to the highlands and Skye. I am trying to decide between staying at Oakhill Apartments (seems nicer, cheaper, but not centrally located) and the Knight Residence (also seems nice, more expensive, but looks like we can walk to where we want to go). While in Edinburgh, we would like to walk the Royal Mile and see the palace and the castle. If we stay at Oakhill, we will likely either take the local bus or a taxi to wherever we want to go. Any advice on which to choose?

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 29
1. Re: Which Edinburgh apartment?

You have worked out the pro/con of each - location vs price. It is up to you which is more important for your short visit. The city bus costs £1.50 per person for each journey or £3.50 for unlimited all day travel. Oakhill apartments are not far from the city centre and there are lots of restaurants in the area. Parking is probably on street around there, whereas Knight Residence has secure private parking. For one night I would probably go with Knight Residence.

Peterhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 59
2. Re: Which Edinburgh apartment?

Knight Residence, definitely, the only place we would stay in Edinburgh. Secure parking, easy walk to town centre, kitchen with food, i.e. bread, milk, cereals, coffee, tea, fruit juice, etc., plus the most fabulous staff you will ever have.

I see only one problem here, you are not staying in Edinburgh long enough. I think you may regret your short stay a there is so much to see in do in and around Edinburgh there is also something going on all the time.

Edited: 4:15 am, April 01, 2013
Gifford, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
reviews: 101
3. Re: Which Edinburgh apartment?

Knight Residence is central and will give you an amazing experience in both quality of apartment and the staff and has SECURE parking.

Oakhill is an apartment block located just off the foot of Easter Road and while the apartments are fine you will probably want to either bus of Taxi into main tourist attractions. They do have free on street parking outside.

The Knight Residence will also give you all that you require for breakfast in your apartment. As you are on a tight timescale to give you the best of your stay I would go for the Knight Residence (have a look at the revues including Frances-Jane and my own and judge for yourself.)

Philadelphia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Which Edinburgh apartment?

Thank you all. This is very helpful and we will definitely stay at Knight Residence. And, yes, I agree that it is definitely too little time to stay in Edinburgh, which means we will definitely be going back.

5. Re: Which Edinburgh apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 04, 2014