We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal tattoo weather?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Royal tattoo weather?

Hello, we're heading to the royal tattoo in August this summer and we were just wondering what kind of weather to pack for? Thanks!!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
1. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

I'm assuming you mean the Military Tattoo. It's out of doors, at night and you'll be quite exposed. I'd suggest warm layers, including waterproofs. Something soft like a cushion to sit on is useful. You're very unlikely to be too warm.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 53
2. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

The usual - warm or cool (possibly in the same day). It may rain, it may not. It may be windy. It will be dark.

3. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:39 pm, April 08, 2013
edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 2
4. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

Would agree with thegoodwitch. Dress in layers with a waterproof to guard against any chances of rain as that should help enormously. The stands are in an exposed position and the slightest wind can make it very cold even on a warmish night.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
5. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

Assume it's going to be windy and cold. Excellent chance of rain.

Umbrellas not allowed though

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 202
6. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

A plastic bag to put on the (possibly wet) bench beneath you, and a blanket/fleece to put over your lap will make you much more comfortable. It gets cold up in the stands late in the evening.

Abs :)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
7. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

I suggest a nice Sou'wester and natty hat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oilskin

Trinidad
reviews: 79
8. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

Last year I was there. It didn't rain but nearing the end of the performances it got a bit chilly and I needed a light jacket.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 8
9. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

I would take a hat and gloves.

10. Re: Royal tattoo weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 07, 2014