We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer question

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, Texas
reviews: 13
Beer question

Hi, I need a recommendation for a Scottish beer while in Edinburgh. I previously located and tried one Scottish beer( Innis and Gunn) at a larger Texas bar. This beer was very very strong and quite good, but it had been aged in oak , and it had a slight oak taste that I did not enjoy. Can anyone recommend another brand. Thanks .

Edinburgh
21. Re: Beer question

Yes, Black Isle is another good Scottish brewery - a bit larger than the likes of Cromarty Brewery, but still tiny in comparison to the likes of Deuchars (which is actually owned by the Heineken conglomerate): …wordpress.com/2011/…

Black Isle brewery is a family run organic farm on the Black Isle (obviously) just north of Inverness. Their beers are widely available in Edinburgh.

If you are looking for bottled beers, Cornelius on Easter Road probably has the best selection in Edinburgh: qype.co.uk/place/60202-Cornelius-Beer-Wine-E…

Beer Hive in Broughton/Canonmills also has a decent range.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 64
22. Re: Beer question

I was reading through this thread and thought to myself that I really need to plan a trip to Edinburgh sometime soon to check out the beers and pubs that have been mentioned.

But no need for that now as yesterday I went to a bar called Bier on Lark Lane in south Liverpool where they had Harvestoun Bitter & Twisted on tap. After a pint of that I then had a bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA, and very nice it was too.

P.S. don't worry, I'm still planning on making a trip north of the border later in the year as I haven't been up your way for more than 10 years. ;-)

23. Re: Beer question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2014