We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which of these hotels?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry UK
reviews: 11
which of these hotels?

i am taking my mother to edinburgh for 3 days in july - she is 84 but fit and healthy. We have never been to edinburgh before. We have a tight budget but i would like somewhere nice - i can get all of the below on special offer at the moment for under £100 per room per night. Which is the best hotel and location for us.? Or is there anywhere better?

The fraoch b&b

The apex city

The howard mandy

Many thanks

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
1. Re: which of these hotels?

I've never heard of the Howard Mandy. If it's the Howard Hotel and you can get it for under £100 take it. It's a lovely hotel in a great location Maybe that's not it though? Is it in Great King Street?

Coventry UK
2. Re: which of these hotels?

Hi yes that was it but the offer has gone now I just checked! Is there much difference between the other two? Thanks mandy

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
3. Re: which of these hotels?

Well one is a B&B, the other a chain hotel so it depends on what level of service you want. The Apex is in the Grassmarket so pretty central although you need to realise that Edinburgh is pretty hilly.

The B&B is a bus ride away from say, Princes St. unless you like walking a lot.

Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 8
4. Re: which of these hotels?

I dont know what your dates are in July so I did a quick search for Fri12th-Mon15th July. You can these those 3 nights at Travelodge on Princes Street( very central for most things )for £138 for the 3 nights. This of course is room only but a lot cheaper than other places and you could go out for breakfast. Also very close to Waverely train station if travelling up by train.

Here is a link for that

travelodge.co.uk/hotels/…

Edited: 2:32 pm, March 25, 2013
Coventry UK
5. Re: which of these hotels?

Hi the good witch - Yes it was the Howard Hotel but that rate has gone now - shame I missed it!

Thank you Aldente for the suggestion of the Travelodge which I have now booked! Looks perfect for us due to its location and means I or my mum can easily pop back in or out of the hotel - with or without each other having to worry about where to meet or get lots of taxi's/buses - inspired (and gives us more money for shopping too!). Thank you very much.

Coventry UK
6. Re: which of these hotels?

oops sorry to have missed you off RonaldoC - thankyou also for pointing out how hilly Edinburgh was - made me realise a 10 min walk might be more challenging for my mum than it normally is!

7. Re: which of these hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Edinburgh
Recent Conversations