We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early morning Edinburgh to london?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
early morning Edinburgh to london?

is there anyway to get from Edinburgh to London early in the morning? thank you for your help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 9
1. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

It looks like there are early morning flights that can get you to Heathrow or London City before 9 AM.

London
reviews: 26
2. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

British Airways. Cityjet. Virgin airlines. Easyjet. The early flights are very busy with business travellers (weekdays), and so the early flights tend to be the most expensive.

Where in London do you need to get to, and by what time, as that may dictate which airport is best.

There is also the 'Caledonian Sleeper' train that will have you into Euston by 0700 (six nights, doesn't run Saturday night).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 204
3. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

Or the megabus, if you are on a budget. Gets you to Victoria bus station before 7am. You probably won't get much sleep though.

Abs :)

Edinburgh...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 74
4. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

A few Edinburgh-London *buses* are now sleepers.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 204
5. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

Derek, is that so? I knew they recently started a sleeper bus service from Glasgow-London, but I didn't realise there was also on Edinburgh-London version? Excellent idea for those on a budget.

Abs :)

Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 41
6. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

I get the 06:40 British Airways flight from Edinburgh to London City which gets to my desk in The City by 08:30 if all goes well. Cityjet have a flight at 07:00 which is much less than BA, £130 return if you book in advance

Edinburgh...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 74
7. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

I spoke to a Megabus man in Edinburgh a while back who was talking about an Edinburgh service starting 'soon' - and that was some time back, with an estimate of being up and running by now.

There is certainly a Glasgow one, and I admit I assumed the fellow I was talking to was spelling out facts, so I didn't check. SO, with apologies to Abs, it's not running to/from Edinburgh yet.

Hopefully it will be soon; but maybe Megabus man was talking convincing rubbish.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 44
8. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

So, yes, there are several ways to get to London early - train, bus, plane, or even, drive.

But, you must have a reason to do that journey at that time, eg to catch Eurostar or a flight. Without knowing why you want to travel then, it's difficult to say what your best option is.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 280
9. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

The Caledonian Sleeper train is worth considering, especially if you book well in advance for cheaper tickets. See: scotrail.co.uk/caledoniansleeper/index.html

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
reviews: 198
10. Re: early morning Edinburgh to london?

How early are we talking about? And where is your final destination in London?

These factors could determine your best mode of transport. I'd also consider the sleeper scotrail.co.uk/caledoniansleeper/index.html

It saves you a night in a hotel and is fairly comfortable, I remember sleeping really well when i took it. However, if you have things on in Edinburgh the previous evening until late, it might not be for you. So also check other options.