We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Edinburgh via Dublin

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Donnellson, Iowa
reviews: 3
Flying into Edinburgh via Dublin

If I fly Aer Lingus from Chicago to Edinburgh via Dublin, how much time do I need between flights in Dublin? Not sure if we will have to go through customs in Dublin. Is 1 hr enough time in between flights? If not, how much time do I need?

Thanks

Grayslake, Illinois
reviews: 35
11. Re: Flying into Edinburgh via Dublin

On your return flight, you'll prob have to go thru US customs & immigration in Dublin airport - I would allow at least 2.5 hours for this process, because I believe you'll have to fetch your luggage off the first plane & take it thru US customs.

edinburgh
reviews: 9
12. Re: Flying into Edinburgh via Dublin

i flew edinburgh - new york with aer lingus acouple of years ago & baggage is checked straight through to your destination, there was only about an hour between flights but managed ok, queues at US immigration in dublin can be unpredictable but as you've been issued with your 2nd leg boarding pass the flight will be held for you on the presumption you are in the queue for immigration. since i did that trip dublin has opened a 2nd terminal so not really sure about walking distance between gates.

Donnellson, Iowa
reviews: 3
13. Re: Flying into Edinburgh via Dublin

Joe

I am looking at booking through Aer Lingus for all my flights. The incoming flight is on Aer Lingus from Chicaglo into Dublin then connecting to Edinburgh via Aer Arann (appears to be owned by Aer Lingus). Then we leave from London to Chicago via Dublin, both flighta Aer Lingus. Had good experience flying Aer Lingus to Ireland and it is pretty reasonable. Not sure I would want to fly internationally any US based airlines. Their customer service has declined lately.

14. Re: Flying into Edinburgh via Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2014