We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shreveport...
reviews: 1
Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

We will be going on a CIE tour to Scotland in April. I think we will be In Edinburg on a sun or mon. We have the afternoon off and I would like to see St. Andrews for my husband. Is there train service, car rentals, day tours, chauffeur tours etc. thanks

Glasgow, United...
1. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

You can take the train from Edinburgh (with an H) to Leuchars, the closest train stop and bus into St Andrews from there.

Takes less than an hour and a half.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
2. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

Bit far for a day trip to Texas.

Shreveport...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

Thanks- I've been looking at that option- I think that is the best way to go.

London, United...
reviews: 77
4. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

You can get a bus from the main bus station in Edinburgh to St Andrews direct no change

or train to Leuchers then 4 mile bus trip to St Andrews that will probably be the Quickest

Saxtons River...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

I have taken both modes of transport. Since your time is limited you should take the train, as the bus takes almost twice as long.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 212
6. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

What are you hoping to do in St Andrews? You won't have daylight late into the evening in April. The bus is simplist, but if you can afford a private tour guide, that would afford you most flexibility.

Abs :)

Glasgow
reviews: 5
7. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

A number of tour operators off one-day tours from Edinburgh to St Andrews. Most also include the quaint villages of the East Neuk of Fife too.

Grand Rapids...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

If you go to St. Andrews on Sunday, the Old Course is closed for play but the public can walk the course if you'd like. That would be special if your husband is a golf fanatic!

9. Re: Edinburg day trip to St. Andrews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 26, 2014