We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tartan curtain material

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 5
Tartan curtain material

I will be in Edinburgh for a weekend in December. Does anyone know where I could buy tartan curtain material (in the city)?

Edinburgh...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 74
1. Re: Tartan curtain material

Depends whether you want trad curtains or something you wrap round poles. Depends how heavy you want the curtains to be ...

One possibility is simply to buy some lengths of lightweight kilt cloth. Loads of venues on the Royal Mile. Also available I would think from big stores e.g. Jenners.

Kilt cloth could be pretty saggy unless the curtains were appropriately constructed.

For curtain material try big department stores like Lewis's at the E end of Princes street.

Places like Jenners or Lewis's will point you in the right direction even if they can't help.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
2. Re: Tartan curtain material

remnantkings.co.uk/shop/…

Remnant Kings Edinburgh (The Cloth Shop)

169 Bonnington Road

Edinburgh

EH6 5BQ

GB

Telephone: 0131 554 7733

Take your check book with you ;-)

Edited: 7:49 pm, November 20, 2012
Ireland
3. Re: Tartan curtain material

Thanks a mil for replies. I will check all places suggested. Would you know if The Cloth Shop on the Bonnington Rd is within walking distance of the city centre?

Edinburgh...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 74
4. Re: Tartan curtain material

Google maps is a handy device. it does post codes :-)

http://goo.gl/maps/cKQoO

And the answer is it's a mile or so north of the centre, what it doesn;t tell you so easily is you can get a 11 bus down Leith Walk and Pilrig St or a 36 bus from George Street.

A pity RK have messed up their website otherwise they could have told you that themselves.

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 2
5. Re: Tartan curtain material

Try http://www.martonmills.com online as they will give you a better material and price than the Royal Mile shops.

Ireland
6. Re: Tartan curtain material

I have just returned from Edinburgh this evening after a super weekend and am pleased to report that I am now the proud owner of several metres of tartan curtain material! Ended up getting it from The Cloth Shop on the Bonnington Road and am really delighted with the quality and especially the colour. Thanks again for your help.......I would never have found it without you!

7. Re: Tartan curtain material

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 18, 2013