We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

urgently need help in directions in edinburgh

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fife
urgently need help in directions in edinburgh

need help in getting from gorgie rd. to queens street. i'm delivering around edinburgh on monday and badly need help in getting from the above location.promblem is the roadworks and diversions that are in place just now.thanks in advance.

Edinburgh...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 83
1. Re: urgently need help in directions in edinburgh

Gorgie Road - Dalry Road - Haymarket. Follow the diversions which head due East into Morrison Street and take the first turnoff Northwards into Torphichen Place then leftwards into Torphichen Street. Follow that across the (closed) Atholl Place and into Palmerston Place. Well past the cathedral, but before the road drops down the hill, turn right into Rothesay Place, and follow Drumsheugh Gardens until they meet Queensferry Street. A quick left and right into Randolph Crescent; there are lights with lanes and filters. Follow the road rightwards round Ainslie Place, and then cut half left onto St Colme Street which is the start of Queen Street.

Simples.

The AA have refused to add Edinburgh's diversions to their mapping. Nice. Zoom in on Google maps and you'll see the route I've described.

Will work if you are driving a car or a small van - not a route for artics!

fife
2. Re: urgently need help in directions in edinburgh

thankyou so much derek g, i have been round the bend with all these diversions and road closures.i don't know edinburgh that well but these road work do nothing for my confidence. it's a van i'm driving i had a look on google map and followed the directions you have kindly given me. your a star thanks derek so so grateful mate.

3. Re: urgently need help in directions in edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 23, 2013