We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Attiki...
Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

Hello everyone! At Christmas 2012 I am visiting Edinburgh for the first time with my boyfriend. It would be great if you could suggest any good restaurants specially for that dates between 24/12-27/12. We would like something impressive, different and luxury. Thanks!

Edited: 9:41 am, September 26, 2012
Gifford, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
reviews: 104
1. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

Pity you are not coming a bit earlier as Prestonfield House is doing the 'Cool Yule' on the 21st & 22nd December Which is a fantastic night

Edinburgh...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 81
2. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

The Dome does decent food - but you go for the fantastic decor - a bit Christmassy. Lights, trees etc everywhere, but NOT tacky.

Luxury but more expensive: the Witchery near the castle, or its partner Hotel, Prestonfield.

United Kingdom
reviews: 106
3. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

Hi,

Book quickly if you can find availability!

thebalmoralhotel.com/pdfs/balmoral-christmas…

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
reviews: 213
4. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

Grain Store is very atmospheric and on one of the most picturesque streets in the old town - Victoria Street.

http://www.grainstore-restaurant.co.uk

Athens, Greece
reviews: 2
5. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

hello all, I am planning to visit Edinburgh this Christmas with my wife, any other place where we can spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day. If you have any ideas from outside edinburgh are welcome too

Louisville, Kentucky
6. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

Hello! My teenage children, my mother and I are heading to Edinburgh for Christmas 2013. We'd like to have Christmas dinner somewhere in the city and would like to stay in a cottage outside of the city (we will have a rental car). What are your suggestions?

Many thanks!

UK
reviews: 88
7. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

My suggestion is that you start two new threads, one with a title about accommodation, one about where to eat in 2013, instead of adding onto a thread whose title clearly indicates its now redundant since its about last year and also is nothing to do with accommodation.

Louisville, Kentucky
8. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

"has" nothing to do with accommodation. Touche! (with accent on the "e", of course. Unless you don't read French and wouldn't understand anyway).

UK
reviews: 88
9. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

" Touché " might apply if I had corrected the grammar of your post rather than the content.

But I didn't.

So it doesn't.

:-)

Edited: 9:56 am, April 01, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
10. Re: Christmas Dinner in Edinburgh 2012

Your grammar was still incorrect. Nice to be corrected, n'est pas?