We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london, england
Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

Hi

Looking for a good, central hotel/apartment for family with 1 baby for the weekend.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 15
1. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

I know one that I think you may like. The owners are Alan and Leslie Findlayson, very nice. The address is 9 Sheriff Bank. You should definitely contact them to see if their place is available.

It's a two-bedroom apartment with a very well equipped kitchen, small "lounge" (what I'd call a living room) with two small sofas, and I think there may be a washing machine, too, I'm not sure. All linens and towels are provided.

The apt is on the ground floor, which is good for strollers and hauling baby gear.

If you do a google search for "9 Sheriff Bank" the info should pop right up.

The neighborhood is Leith, I think. Nice area, lots of restaurants and good takeaway food. The area has lots of buses that will whisk you to all the popular locations in no time at all.

As you'll be managing with the baby, you might ask Alan to help you out by stocking the kitchen and fridge with some basic supplies ahead of your arrival (he often does). Just tell him what you'd like and what you want to spend.

Good luck!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
2. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

I'm sure the apartment Ann mentioned is very nice but its in Leith, which is not in central Edinburgh, but a bus ride away. There are lots of hotels and apartments in the centre of town but it depends really on your budget. If you do a search on this site of "edinburgh" and "apartment" or "hotel" you will get lots of ideas. Alternatively tell us what you are looking for and I'm sure you'll get suggestions.

Columbus, Ohio
3. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

Dear Goodwitch, how lovely to have an expert today. I'd like to ask you a question myself. I'm going to be in Edinburgh in August and plan to stay 3 nights (finally, I've got tickets for the Tattoo).

I've booked rooms for 3 nights at a nice B&B on London Street. But now I'm thinking that my 14-year-old son might enjoy Borthwick Castle for one night.

What do you think of it?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
4. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

Hi Anne

congratulations on getting tattoo tickets. Theyre really scarce! Borthwick Castle looks awesome. I haven't stayed there myself but have heard good reports. A bit pricey but would be a real treat. If on a budget one night there and the rest in a B&B maybe?

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 2
5. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

I would agree with the other comments Sheriff Bank is miles from the city centre and you will spend as much time travelling back and forward as you will be sightseeing.

Have a look at www.abc-edinburgh.co.uk for an apartment next to Edinburgh castle or www.fountaincourtapartments.com for apartments about a ten - 15 minute walk from the Castle / Princes Street.

london, england
6. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

Thanks for all your responses. Would like something in central Edinburgh since we are only there a short time. Budget around 200 pounds or less a night...

did google search and have called many but apts. available seem to be on top floor with no lift...and only 1 bedroom.

Would prefer 2 bedroom apt. or large suite hotel.

Thank you again for your help!

xx

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
7. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

Have you seen this site?

dreamhouseapartments.com/Edinburgh/descripti…

I put in a weekend at the end of March and it came up with a price of 180 per night for a 2 bedroom apartment.

Looks very nice too.

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 2
8. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

I already mentioned that you should have a look at www.abc-edinburgh.co.uk or www.fountaincourtapartments.com for apartments which have two bedrooms. Fountain court apartments have apartments in Grove Street and Edinburgh Quay which are serviced by lifts. These are about a ten minute walk from Edinburgh Castle. The other apartments are next to Edinburgh castle and are right in the city centre. Both appear to be a lot less than the £200 per night you mentioned.

Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: Edinburgh Hotel for Family with Baby

Royal Garden Apartments are especially good with babies and kids - tehy'll provide everything you could possibly need to avoid extra luggage! www.royal-garden.co.uk They are on Queen Street which is about 3 minutes walk to Princes Street