We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

Hello!

I'm planning an Edinburgh trip around Easter. I know that Good Friday is a bank holiday and therefore the shops are closed, but what bout Easter Sunday and Easter Monday?

I want to go to TK Maxx in Edinburgh und to Primark in Dunfermline, so any ideas about that?

Thank you so much!!

Love,

Lisa

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
1. Re: Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

"I know that Good Friday is a bank holiday and therefore the shops are closed"

Em, no, they are open - and will be open on Easter Sunday & Monday.

Vienna, Austria
2. Re: Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

Oh really? A friend of mine told me she was in Aberdeen some years ago and almost every shop was closed. So TK Maxx and Primark, etc will be open too? On their homepage it just says "opening hours may vary at easter".

Thanks!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
3. Re: Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

Scotland doesn't have any laws about shops opening on Sundays & public holidays - so they could open on Christmas Day if they wanted to. It's been a long time since Good Friday was a day when shops were closed. Even in England large shops will be open on Good Friday - though not on Easter Sunday as it's against the law.

Don't assume UK opening times are the same as Scottish opening times

yorkshire
reviews: 3
4. Re: Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

can anyone tell me if this is the same for Edinburgh attractions? we are visiting good Friday to Easter Monday and i just ordered 2 edinburgh passes, then suddenly wondered if all attractions will be open?

BHX
5. Re: Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

I am planning for a trip to Edinburgh. I will be grateful to anyone updating about Edinburgh attractions and opening times during easter.

Best wishes

MN

6. Re: Easter Sunday, Easter Monday Opening Hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, October 28, 2012