We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield
Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

I am thinking of having my hen weekend in Edinburgh in July. Can anyone suggest a nice, reasonably priced hotel that is close to the shops and main attractions as well as a good restaurant and/or a late bar?

Also, any other good tips on Edinburgh would be gratefully received!

Many thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

depends on your budget really, there are loads of central places (alth cant recommend any seeing as I live here!)

Try the Apex in the grassmarket, the point, or anywhere in the old town. As for late bars, bars here are open later than down south till at least midnight and mostly till 1am on fri and sat nights with then clubs till late/early!

There are loads of bars in Edinburgh! It just depends on what you want, the cowgate is busy as is the grassmarket and both are popular with hen dos which often also include Frankensteins on George 1V bridge and beluga across the road. Then there are loads of nice quieter places about... you really wont struggle to find a bar!

reviews: 14
2. Re: Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

Try the novotel or else the premier travel inn. Never stayed in either as I live in Edinburgh but both seem popular with hen and stag parties.

I would suggest that one night you do cocktails at Harvey Nics - and then head along george street for some lovely drinks. If you want to see loads of other hen and stag parties then head to the grassmarket - its full of them. Locals stay away from here because of it!

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

George Street is indeed nice for a drink!

Kendal, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

Are you flying up to Edinburgh or arriving by train ?

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
reviews: 12
5. Re: Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

Check out the clubs before coming some have a single *** group exclusion policy which can mean you just wont get in. Probably best to stick to the bars. Harvey Nichols has a great restaurant and surprisingly not too expensive so you can combine restaurant and shopping. My friend hired a fire-engine and had a great hen night touring Edinburgh. Try glorydaysonline.co.uk or thestagandhencompany.co.uk for inclusive packages. Even if these are too expensive they give you some great ideas. Good luck

Sheffield
6. Re: Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

Thanks everyone, this is great. We are planning on arriving by plane.

Edinburgh Scotland
7. Re: Hen Weekend in Edinburgh

Hi,

I have a group of properties that superb of a group. The prices are pretty reasonable and they are so central- no taxis fares etc.

See my website:

www.edinburgh-self-catering.co.uk

Or call Christine 08700469808