We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Wedding Good Idea???

Which Gretna Green hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral
New Years Eve Wedding Good Idea???

Hi

We are considering a New Years Eve wedding in Gretna Green. Either the Mill Forge or the Old Blacksmiths Shop. Does anyone have first hand experience of a wedding on New Years Eve. Don't know whether hotels and restaurants would be over run what with Hogmanay celebrations etc.

Also Has anyone used the Mill Forge for their reception and as accomodation? Was thinking that it would be so much easier to just be able to walk from my room to the ceremony and back.

Whether you have worked it out yet, I am a very simple type of person and would like a very relaxed and informal day. e are not even sure whether we will take family and friends or just do the traditional runaway bride scene.

We do want photos, so all suggestions on this would also be appreciated. My lasy question would be, is it worth using one of the many wedding planning facilities, like gretnamarriages etc.

Sorry it is such a long post.

Yorkshire
reviews: 2
11. Re: New Years Eve Wedding Good Idea???

Hope you have gone with the new year idea, that sounds great. We have just returned from renewing our vows at the gretna hall blacksmiths workshop. We did all the booking individually, ceremony, night in Gretna Hall, meal in Gretna Hall restaurant, piper, photographer and flowers. Everyone bent over backwards to help us. I can fully recomment Colin Carpenter for photos and Gretna Flower Basket for flowers. I know you said you were not bothered about a piper but we had Gilbert Glanders, he was lovely. It was his 60th birthday on the same day! Colin Carpenter knows how to contact him.

Hope everything goes well for you, we thoroughly enjoyed our vow renewal and would recommend doing that to anyone.

12. Re: New Years Eve Wedding Good Idea???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 03, 2009