We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in the dark

Which Gretna Green hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Getting married in the dark

Hi there, we are considering getting married at Gretna Green - the Mill Forge, this time next year. However, has anyone got married this time of the year in the evening when its dark. How did any photo's come out with it being dark.

Thanks

cleveland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Getting married in the dark

Hi, i got married here a few weeks ago and it is a beautiful place, im not sure about the darkness, we got married in august at 5.30 and the weather was briliant, have u seen the gardens at the mill. I think it may get dark around 4pm

Lancs
reviews: 58
2. Re: Getting married in the dark

All men get married "in the dark" !!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
reviews: 5
3. Re: Getting married in the dark

I could be wrong but I thought that legally marriages had to take place during daylight hours?

kent
reviews: 4
4. Re: Getting married in the dark

Hi, We got married on 29th October this year at 4.30 because I wanted to get married in the dark, it does limit the photographs but I still got some beautiful ones, speak to your photographer about it first and tell him exactly what you want but most of all do it how you want, it's great in the dark, although we got married at blacksmiths workshop.

Liverpool, U.K.
reviews: 40
5. Re: Getting married in the dark

We got married at the Mill in the day time, but we took a lot of photos ourselves later on after the ceremony (when it was dark).

We did have some problems getting good photographs ourselves, but your photographer should be able to handle it a bit better. Be sure to speak to them first as certain shots will definitely be more difficult.

6. Re: Getting married in the dark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 26, 2009