We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

Which Aberdeen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

We have reserved a rental car using Enterprise, arriving at the Aberdeen Airport. We are leaving the following day by train. I spoke with an Enterprise agent using their 800 number to see if they have an office for drop off at the train station and they apparently do not. I read a recent post about Arnold Clark Car Rental having an office at the airport and at the train station. I have sent an email and haven't heard back yet. There isn't much information on their web site.

Has anyone used Arnold Clark for a rental in Aberdeen?

Also, if we do use Enterprise and have to return the car at the airport, is there a shuttle between the airport and the train station? I looked at the Aberdeen airport website but there wasn't much detailed information about ground transportation. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Katie

16 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
11. Re: Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

Thank you, EdinburghLinda: I will send an email to them. The rates seem reasonable online.

I spoke with Enterprise and they do not provide transportation to and from the airport or train station and they also do not allow a drop off at a different location. Appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thank you again!

Kate

Aberdeen (Scotland)
reviews: 48
12. Re: Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

You may be just as well taking a taxi from the airport to your hotel and hiring a car from one of the in town rental companies maybe Europcar just off Holburn Street on Broomhill Road

europcar.co.uk/car-hire-ABERDEEN_CITY.html

The former Holburn Central as you say is now Jesus House a part of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Hopefully you will be able to get a reply from them. You could try to contact them via their main UK web site. http://www.rccguk.org/

Los Angeles...
13. Re: Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

Thank you Hayzer very much for the information on the church. I just sent off an email to the Jesus House. I will look at the prices for Europcar. That is one company that I haven't tried yet. Thank you for the helpful suggestions. Much appreciated!!

Best,

Katie

Aberdeen, United...
14. Re: Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

Suggest you use one of Avis / Enterprise / Europcar National / Hertz car hire groups. These are all located a short distance from the airport terminal via a covered walkway. I have rented from Avis and Hertz before and had fantastic service. See plan of airport here for location of rental desks: …kmp.co.uk/media/…Aberdeen_Terminal_Map.pdf

Would advise against using Arnold Clark as they do not have a desk at the airport. Either they will meet you off your flight or you can ring them from a red telephone near baggage reclaim to arrange a lift. They will then drive you 15 to 25 mins (depending on the time of day) into Aberdeen City itself to their centre near Mount Hoolie. I booked with them this past weekend (Aug 2014) and they were unable to collect me for "40mins or possibly a little over an hour" which I found completely unacceptable. In the end it was faster to make my own way into town which was incredibly inconvenient. The 3rd party group I had booked through had not specified any of Arnold Clark's practises - for example they do not hire to people with >6 points on their licence and require a household bill as proof of address. Other companies I have hired from have not asked to see both parts of my licence but Arnold Clark insisted and were totally inflexible - I witnessed the same attitude to another customer when I returned the vehicle on a Sunday...because it was a Sunday they could not ring the DVLA to verify his licence and would not hire to him! In the end the vehicle I hired (peugot 207) seemed a bit burnt out in low gears despite being a 2014 model and the petrol guage was apparently sticky - which they only admitted after insisting for several minutes that I had probably lied about refilling it!! Outrageous lack of respect to customers, marked unhelpfullness and total lack of flexibility. I have had much much better service from Avis and Hertz and will be using them in the future!

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
15. Re: Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

So you are here to rant about Arnold Clark? I take it you obviously didn't go check out the T&C's on the Arnold Clark website (www.arnoldclarkrental.com/terms-of-hire) if so it quite clearly says the information about the driving licence and proof of address/ID!!!

I hired a car via a 3rd party when I was in Australia last year but made sure I checked out the T&C's of that particular renter so that I was familiar with their terms especially the insurances!

Depending on the time of day it can easily take 40 minutes (or more!) to get out to the airport especially if its coming from Torry and not Mounthooly.

Aberdeen, United...
16. Re: Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?

Wasn't meant as a rant - just a negative review with reasons. I was reviewing hotels from a trip the week before at the time and threw one in for this poor experience. Have never before rented a car where the hire company are not completely sympathetic if a 3rd party has misrepresented them and more inclined to be flexible with you and take it up with the 3rd party later. Take your point about T&Cs though.

Also hadn't realised how old this thread was! Just saw Arnold Clark listed here as an option for an Aberdeen airport hire car service....which it is definitely not and should not be advertising itself as. It is a city centre rental service with an erratic airport pickup service (i.e. not even a regular shuttle). Seems from other review sites I was not the only one burnt by them!

Edited: 4:56 am, August 28, 2014
Reply to: Car Rental Aberdeen airport pickup, train station drop off?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aberdeen