We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs/ Bars

Which Aberdeen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fife
reviews: 38
Pubs/ Bars

Can anyone recommend any quiet bars for afternoon / evening drinks on a Friday / Saturday around Union Street. Staying at Hilton Double Tree so somewhere between these areas.

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
1. Re: Pubs/ Bars

With a few short cuts, one that comes highly recommended by friends is BrewDog on the Gallowgate or try the Blue Lamp further up the Gallowgate. Another one a wee few minutes further away is the Illicit Still is on Broad Street. A final one would be Archibald Simpsons at the bottom of Union Street.

Aberdeen, United...
2. Re: Pubs/ Bars

how long is a piece of string there is so many to choose one ,sat afternoon will be busy i would go to archibald simpsons ,10 min from your hotel and the blackfriers across the street from A S if you walk a further 10min up union street you will come to belmont street ,here you will find about 20 pubs have fun but remember there is pubs everywhere along union street.

Stonehaven, United...
reviews: 40
3. Re: Pubs/ Bars

Brewdog is ace, but I don't know if I'd say it was quiet. Maybe in the afternoon, but definitely not in the evening. Same goes for the pubs on Belmont Street.

Not sure if I can think of any that would be quiet on a Friday/Saturday evening actually (although I am yet to venture out in 2012, maybe things have changed)

The aforementioned pubs are big enough that you would probably get a seat though. I suppose it depends what's on when you're here aswell.

The Prince of Wales has a good atmosphere. It's down a wee street beside M&S, which is nearer the beach end of Union Street.

Or Cocoa on Market Street is quite nice. Again, the right end of Union Street for you, and they have fizz on tap. Nom nom nom.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
4. Re: Pubs/ Bars

I tend to find the peace at The Prince of Wales next to the St.Nicholas Centre.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
reviews: 26
5. Re: Pubs/ Bars

Brewdog may not be quiet, but it's very nicely decorated and definitely worth a visit to sample some of their own very unusual brews.

Blue Lamp doesn't look great but often has entertainment on, if you check their website.

Aberdeen
reviews: 7
6. Re: Pubs/ Bars

If you like your beer then Brew Dog, though usually busy. Prince of Wales usually has 4 or 5 beers on tap

Stonehaven, United...
reviews: 40
7. Re: Pubs/ Bars

Oh, I forgot Under The Hammer. Damn.

Bit more of a hike for you, it's off Golden Square which is behind the Music Hall, which is about 1/2 way up Union Street.

It's great though. You have to go down stairs from street level, and it's quite small, but I think the atmosphere is brilliant, and they don't have big screen tv's or cover bands or anything like that so it can be quieter.

Unless there's something on at the Music Hall - then it will probably be busy.

But they have some nice beers on tap.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
reviews: 47
8. Re: Pubs/ Bars

I would suggest Old Blackfriars in the Castlegate, I have always liked the laid back atmosphere and varied clientèle it attracts, they have a good selection of beers and wines and serve some very tasty food.

9. Re: Pubs/ Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, March 14, 2013