We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic in the morning

Which Aberdeen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
reviews: 13
Traffic in the morning

Hi ill be going to Aberdeen in a couple of weeks for a training course.Was going to book the premier inn city centre.I have been told the traffic can be bad what will it be like around 8-9 am going to Altens from this hotel.

Thanks in advance

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
1. Re: Traffic in the morning

Its not the place I would have stayed in if you are heading to Altens! I'd be more inclined to go for the Justice Mill Lane Travelodge (www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/info?hotelId=437) as its at a better side of the city centre for getting there.

If you leave before 8am its going to be a bit more quieter than if you leave nearer to 9am. You can never really predict the traffic - some days its lighter than others although its usually more busier when its raining!

I'm not quite sure if you are going to Altens by car/taxi or not but an alternative would be the #21 bus which goes there and is a few minutes walk away from that Travelodge on Holburn Junction.

Another option would be to book the Thistle Altens (thistle.com/hotels/…index.html) which would then be walkable or easier to drive too given you aren't too far away. Parking there is free too.

Edited: 3:54 pm, February 21, 2011
kirriemuir
reviews: 56
2. Re: Traffic in the morning

I burst out laughing when I read this, believe me when I say Aberdeen is gridlock hell at that time in the morning. The previous post is really good advice.

Edited: 12:53 pm, February 22, 2011
Dundee, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Traffic in the morning

its certainly not as bad as glasgow or edinburgh,wouldnt worry about it to be honest.

Stonehaven, United...
reviews: 40
4. Re: Traffic in the morning

You're kidding right Hector? Traffic is awful in the mornings.

Definitely take it into account Scotty13. ne_quine's advice is pretty good and I would totally book into the Altens hotel if you can. I've stayed there, it's fine enough and has a gym and pool and stuff.

Dundee, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Traffic in the morning

traffic isnt great,but its certainly not as bad as edinburgh or glasgow and thats a fact,this guys from glasgow,hes used to dealing with the m8 traffic in the morning,now thats bad,aberdeens busy but im sure he is used to dealing with worse.

glasgow
reviews: 13
6. Re: Traffic in the morning

Thanks for the advice just been told the course starts at 8 so hopefully i would miss the worst of the traffic.

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
7. Re: Traffic in the morning

In that case you should be quite okay with getting over there in time. Enjoy your course and Aberdeen. :)

8. Re: Traffic in the morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 22, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Aberdeen