We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 seater mini van

Which Aberdeen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 13
9 seater mini van

Has anyone rented a 9 seater van or minibus from a reliable agency, one that doesn't break the budget? If so, please let me hear from you. Thanks, Eileen

London, United...
1. Re: 9 seater mini van

hi we hired a minibus with a driver for agreat price in stockport near manchester.

check out www.gandetravel.co.uk if your near stockport!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
reviews: 26
2. Re: 9 seater mini van

Hi Eileen,

As you have posted in the Aberdeen forum, I assume you are looking to rent in the Aberdeen area?

I would suggest Arnold Clark car rental. They are a Scottish based rental company. They have 9 seater vans and are normally reasonably priced compared to the more international companies.

You can see the vehicle types they offer on their website - www.arnoldclarkrental.com

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
3. Re: 9 seater mini van

Here is another one for you - Practical car & van hire - practical.co.uk/locations/…rental.asp

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 29
4. Re: 9 seater mini van

Do check whether you need a special type of driving licence to be permitted to drive a vehicle of this size

Aberdeen, Scotland
5. Re: 9 seater mini van

Other than being over 25 you don't need to have a special licence, just a regular driving licence.

6. Re: 9 seater mini van

Thanks, i have a request for a quote in to this organization. Have u used them? E

Aberdeen, Scotland
7. Re: 9 seater mini van

I haven't personally but other members of my family have and they were easy enough to deal with.

Edited: 2:50 pm, January 12, 2011
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
reviews: 26
8. Re: 9 seater mini van

Hi Eileen,

Which one of us what your last question to? I have used Arnold Clark for busines and found them pretty reliable. I've not dealt much with the Aberdeen branch but they should be as reliable as any of the others. And as posted already, no special licence required. Just be sure to check what insurance cover you have and your deductible (we call it excess) level.

Aberdeen, Scotland
9. Re: 9 seater mini van

Our work uses Arnold Clark Aberdeen all the time for hired vehicles, both cars, vans and minibuses and have had no problem at all.

10. Re: 9 seater mini van

Thank you all for your comments. I checked them all out and decided on the Practical car and van hire. They responded quickly, sent all the documents by email along with "terms" and the price was significantly better. Now, if you have any suggestions as to what we "must see" with children, i'll make my plan. Thank you again. E