We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret Scotland

Which Scotland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
reviews: 1
Secret Scotland

Thank you for the wonderful advise to date.

We are considering purchasing a driving tour provided by 'Secret Scotland' called 'Scenic tour 6 day from Edinburgh'.

Has anybody used this company and this tour?

Would you recommend it?

We only have 6 days available.

Thank you

Mickis

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 242
1. Re: Secret Scotland

I haven't personally, but I have only ever read positive things about them across the internet and on tripadvisor forums. I'm not too sure how it works. Do you they print up a bespoke driving tour/itinerary for you or is it a purely online thing?

I get the impression that they are thoroughly passionate about Scotland and have a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of tourism in the region.

Edited: 7:10 am, March 11, 2011
australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Secret Scotland

Thank you for that positive feedback.

Regards

Mickis

Boston...
reviews: 85
3. Re: Secret Scotland

I know this is a bit late, but my wife and I just finished a Secret Scotland 4 day tour (Edinburgh, Pitlochry, Inverness, Isle of Skye).

Amazing amount of info, and we saw stuff I would have never found on my own, or even with a tour bus company.

If anything, there is almost too much info. You won't possibly be able to do everything they suggest.

Be prepared to spend a non-trivial amount of time before your trip figuring out what you want to see.

All told, I spent about 3 days of reading, researching and planning, based on the info they provide.

But, the effort was well worth it.

When I visit Scotland again, I won't go without a Secret Scotland tour guide.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
4. Re: Secret Scotland

I take it you mean their bespoke tour guide book? Is it a download or physical format?

Boston...
reviews: 85
5. Re: Secret Scotland

Yes, their guide book. It's a PDF file download.

I did print out a copy to take with me, but also had a copy on my iPad as a back up.

6. Re: Secret Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, June 18, 2011
7. Re: Secret Scotland

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

8. Re: Secret Scotland

9. Re: Secret Scotland

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
10. Re: Secret Scotland

Oh lawks what happened to the thread while I slept? Troll attack?