We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Which Scotland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newton...
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Hello Scotland travelers and enthusiasts,

Knowing that the Scotland forums get a lot of posts about golf, I wanted to let you know that we created a new Golf Vacations forum after several people requested it. Here's the forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i15987-Golf_Vac…

Any golf lovers out there? We'd love some knowledgeable members to help get the new forum going.

Have a question related to traveling and golf? We'd love to hear from you!

TA_Sara

25 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 449
1. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

great idea.we do get lots of questions on Golf and I being a total non golfer have no idea how to help folk,this should make a great difference.

Edinburgh
reviews: 10
2. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

There is already an Inside Page about East Lothian's Golf Coast that people might find useful.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186485-c51859/Scot…

Alexandria, VA
reviews: 14
3. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

We leave in three weeks for a week-long golf vacation with another couple, so I will post the results when we get back - both from the golfers POV and the non-golfers.

Ayr, United Kingdom
4. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Is kidron house hotel the best hotel to stay for golfing in scotland? Well i checked it's website kidronhousehotel.co.uk/golf_courses_ayrshire and found that it is near 18 golf couses in scotland.

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
reviews: 84
5. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

East Lothian is an excellent destination if you are looking for a true links golf experience. Let me know if you have any questions. I've played most of the courses.

Melbourne
reviews: 4
6. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Might sound a silly question but I may be visiting the British Isles in JUne 2011for about 3 weeks. And I would love to play in either Scotland or Ireland (or Wales)

Being a novice at golfing overseas I have no idea of whether it is better to book thru a golf tour or just take pot luck and try to get onto some of the courses.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Melbourne
7. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Might sound a silly question but I may be visiting the British Isles in JUne 2011for about 3 weeks. And I would love to play in either Scotland or Ireland (or Wales)

Being a novice at golfing overseas I have no idea of whether it is better to book thru a golf tour or just take pot luck and try to get onto some of the courses.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
reviews: 84
8. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

In Scotland, you can arrange advance tee times with most courses on line. There is no need to book through a golf tour company unless you are short of time with a tight schedule and have some specific desires, such as the Old Course. Check out the courses you would like to play (online) and you can then decide if their booking policies fit your requirements.

Melbourne
9. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Thanks..i'll check them out....

Scotland
reviews: 23
10. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Any courses in Ayrshire open at the moment and on the greens? Here it Glasgow the pesky snow and ice bring more frustration for those of us eager to hit our first drive of 2011.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a course that has somehow managed to escape the big freeze?

Reply to: NEW - Golf Vacations forum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted