We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast to Derry drive?

Which Derry hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio, US
reviews: 1
Belfast to Derry drive?

Hi, real excited for my first trip up to Northern Ireland and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an interesting / scenic or route while driving from Belfast to Derry? (Interesting places along the way?) We will be there in late December just after Christmas.

Also if anyone has any heads up on events around Dec. 30 anywhere up North. Thanks!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
reviews: 70
11. Re: Belfast to Derry drive?

Not directly related to your question but I notice that you're from USA. If you get a chance, try and check out the Ulster-American Folk Park near Omagh. Its website is www.folkpark.com It's a great museum, well worth the trip (probably about 40-50 minutes drive from Derry). I don't see it mentioned much on the forum much but it's very popular and is a mixture of indoor and outdoor sections so with a hood or brolly, it can still be done on what we call a 'soft' day. It's only open on weekdays during the winter, though.

HamptonRoads,Virgini...
reviews: 2
12. Re: Belfast to Derry drive?

hey ponaire Thanks for the tip I will check it out.

Scunthorpe, United...
reviews: 81
13. Re: Belfast to Derry drive?

I would confirm the comments about the Ulster-American museum. It is very good. The reconstructed buildings from both sides of the pond are excellent. If you like that sort of thing allow plenty of time.

Michael

14. Re: Belfast to Derry drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Derry
Recent Conversations