We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black taxi or City on off Bus

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
reviews: 23
Black taxi or City on off Bus

We will be in Belfast for one day Sept. 28 and would like feedback on an easy way to see the sites. I have read about the Black taxi companys and also see that they have a on /off bus. Has anyone taken either of these tours?

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 52
1. Re: Black taxi or City on off Bus

We took the Hop On-Off Bus around Belfast in July. It was a good deal...like it says you can get on and off for the whole day. I think it was 10 euros. It is an easy walk from the train station to the area where the buses start.

reviews: 2
2. Re: Black taxi or City on off Bus

Thoroughly recommend the Pub walking tour if you have time - a good way to soak up the friendly atmosphere and see most of the city centre at the same time. Useful websites for all Belfast information including general city tours are www.discovernorthernireland.com also www.gotobelfast.com and www.cruise-belfast.co.uk plus www.mybelfast.co.uk and, for the Pub tour go to www.belfastpubtours.com (the enquiries section has a direct email address to the organiser). Don't miss a pint of Guinness in the 'Crown Bar' opposite the Opera House (where the pub tour starts), Paddy's Pizza in the 'Kitchen Bar', Victoria Square (on the pub tour list), a trendy drink in 'The Apartment' beside the City Hall. Good restaurants - 'James Street South' off Bedford Street behind the City Hall and 'Nick's Warehouse' , Hill Street, Cathedral Quarter (bookings recommended); Tapas at 'Taps', Waring Street in Cathedral Quarter opposite... The Merchant Hotel (luxurious place for a posh drink in 'The Bar' here in one of Belfast's finest old buildings). Have a good day in my hometown!

Ireland
3. Re: Black taxi or City on off Bus

Hi Calita, I live in belfast and work offshore. Whenever any of my work colleagues come over for a break with their wife I take them on a black taxi tour....you get the personal attention treatment, though I have to say that their tours are more to do with the flash points around belfast and the troubles. If it's general sight-seeing then I'd recommend the double deckers down at cornmarket at the city centre outside the post office. Hope this was of some help.

Ireland
4. Re: Black taxi or City on off Bus

Hi Calita, I live in belfast and work offshore. Whenever any of my work colleagues come over for a break with their wife I take them on a black taxi tour....you get the personal attention treatment, though I have to say that their tours are more to do with the flash points around belfast and the troubles. If it's general sight-seeing then I'd recommend the double deckers down at cornmarket at the city centre outside the post office. Hope this was of some help.

Wilmington, Delaware
reviews: 1
5. Re: Black taxi or City on off Bus

I did a black cab tour a few years ago and it was fabulous! The driver was great and gave out some great information!

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 14
6. Re: Black taxi or City on off Bus

We just did the Hop-On/Hop-Off bus tour this afternoon and really enjoyed it. We got a brief history of the city and learned a lot. I'd highly recommend it!

7. Re: Black taxi or City on off Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belfast