We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Belfast weekend

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 201
Our Belfast weekend

Just had a most enjoyable weekend in Belfast thanks to Easyjet. Took the 7am flight from Liverpool, the bus from the airport to the Europa bus station and dropped our bags at the hotel before heading to St Georges Market for an Ulster Breakfast and a browse round the stalls. From there we headed over to the City Hall ( should have gone in but didn't and it was closed next time we passed) and bought HOHO bus tickets. It was a bit breezy on top but worth sitting outside. I liked the fact it had live commentary, very informative and lots of amusing anecdotes as well as some insightful history. We stopped at Crumlin Road Jail and did the tour, that was fascinating, then back on the bus to ride round the Shankill Road and the Falls Road areas, it was thought provoking to see the peace wall and the murals. Back to the city centre and time to pop in a couple of shops before heading back to the hotel. That evening we stopped by the Crown Saloon and had a drink but there was a big wait for food so we went to Robinsons next door and had a great meal. Next morning we again used the HOHO bus as its a 48 hour ticket and went over to the Titanic Quarter. We took the tour of SS Nomadic, the guide was excellent and there was time to look round again after, the restorers have done a great job and there is so much history in the little ship. Then we went over to Titanic Museum.. wow this was amazing, especially the ride through the dockyards and the virtual tour of Titanic. I found the film about the wreckage and the underwater viewing really interesting. We spent about 3 hours all together then went down to the dry docks and pump house before catching the HOHO again, we rode all the way round via Stormont and got off in the University Quarter to go to Benedicts for an early dinner before catching the bus back to the airport. What a great city break.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
reviews: 28
1. Re: Our Belfast weekend

What a great trip report, thanks for reporting back! I'm sure it will be very useful for other visitors (and me actually - I haven't been on the Nomadic yet but have plans to go, so I'm glad it's interesting). Glad you had a good time :-)

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
reviews: 74
2. Re: Our Belfast weekend

Great report - sounds like you made the most of your time!

London, United...
reviews: 21
3. Re: Our Belfast weekend

These are some good ideas for a great weekend. Thanks!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 201
4. Re: Our Belfast weekend

thank you, I love reading other peoples trip reports so always happy to post my own.

Bridget.. I do hope you enjoy SS Nomadic.. well worth a visit

5. Re: Our Belfast weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 03, 2014