We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Belfast with Parking

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 268
Hotels in Belfast with Parking

I am planning a trip to Belfast this month and am looking for a hotel with free parking that is also accessible to the center city (walking, public transit and/or taxi). I normally like modern, comfortable and clean hotels but don't need luxury. Any ideas?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
reviews: 70
1. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

I usually recommend Tara Lodge but it doesn't have a bar so isn't officially a hotel.

http://www.taralodge.com/

The Radisson Blu might fit the bill?

www.radissonblu.co.uk/hotel-belfast…

Belfast
reviews: 28
2. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

Free parking at Days Hotel , and the Tara Lodge

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
3. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

I'm actually confused about whether or not Radisson blu has free carparking or reduced rate - I have seen both quoted.

Belfast
4. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

Reception at the blu control the barrier on the carpark so i think it is depends on your room rate or who you book whether or not its free.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
5. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

Ok, finally found clarification on the Radisson Blu from its website. Carparking is free at the weekend but they charge as outlined below during the week.

On-site Car Parking

Weekend guests (staying overnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday) receive complimentary car parking. Through the week, hotel guests enjoy a reduced rate for on-site car parking.

0-1 hours £1.50 - 50% reduction £0.75

1-2 hours £2.50 - 50% reduction £1.25

2-3 hours £4.00 - 50% reduction £2.00

3-4 hours £5.80 - 50% reduction £2.90

4-5 hours £7.50 - 50% reduction £3.75

5-6 hours £9.80 - 50% reduction £4.90

6-7 hours £11.80 - 50% reduction £5.90

7-8 hours £13.80 - 50% reduction £6.90

8-9 hours £15.50 - 50% reduction £7.75

9-10 hours £17.50 - 50% reduction £8.75

10-24 hours £19.50 - 50% reduction £9.75

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
6. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

I'll throw Holiday Inn Express on University Street into the mix too. To be honest though none of them are particularly central per se. Days is the most central but I'll admit it wouldn't be my first preference for a hotel (although it's fine for many - check the reviews and decide for yourself).

The others are a short bus ride or a 15-20 minute walk to the city centre, which is fine, but maybe also cost your options of staying in one of the lower cost (but well reviewed) central hotels and their pay car park options on top - you never know, it might end up around the same price as staying in a hotel with free parking further out and getting public transport in. E.g. I got an email from Premier Inn a couple of days ago about their current £19 per night room sale - not sure if your dates work with that offer but it's worth checking.

London, UK
reviews: 57
7. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

We stay twice a year at the Ramada Plaza at Shaw's Bridge, which is in a lovely, peaceful area about 3 miles and a 10 minute taxi ride from the centre of Belfast. Modern, clean, spacious, large rooms, good breakfast and plenty of parking.

New York
reviews: 268
8. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

Thank you for the information. Is the Radisson Blu convenient to the city sights? Is there public transport available from this hotel?

FYI, this hotel offers free parking on weekends which is when I am planning to visit Belfast.

Also, are there any genealogy libraries/archives in Belfast that might be open? I am researching my 5th removed grandfather who was born in Belfast in 1759.

Thank you for your help.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
9. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

It's maybe 12-15 minute walk to the city centre. Less for St George's market which is quite a good thing to do on a Sunday morning in Belfast when most things are closed (unless you're doing a bus or Titanic tour).

The Ormeau Road bus stops at Cromac Place and Radisson Blu is at Cromac Place so you can get the bus instead of walk into town:

translink.co.uk/Timetables/…

Unfortunately PRONI is closed on Saturday and Sunday but you may still be able to get some information online or on the censuses which are now available online:

http://www.proni.gov.uk

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
10. Re: Hotels in Belfast with Parking

Sorry, too late to edit but it may be worth your while visiting the Linenhall Library which is in the city centre and is open on Saturdays.

http://www.linenhall.com/

www.linenhall.com/genealogyAndHeraldry.asp

Edited: 2:00 am, September 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Belfast