We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 1/2 hrs

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
reviews: 76
10 1/2 hrs

we will be docking in Belfast via the Emerald Princess from 8:30 a.m.- 7:00 pm, naturally, excursions via ship are overpriced, but we are extremely concerned about getting back to the ship prior to it's 7 p.m. departure. Has anyone had experiences re: individual tour companies (ideally, I'd love to go to Giants Causeway, but only if I know I can walk the rope bridge :) Any suggestions ? thx so much!!

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
reviews: 28
1. Re: 10 1/2 hrs

Others on cruises have asked about the Giant's Causeway but unfortunately the only way to make sure you're back on time is to organise a private tour, e.g. through one of the black taxi tour companies, to take you on an itinerary that suits you. This can be quite costly but you'd need to seek specific quotes in order to compare with the price of the tour the cruise organises.

Also do bear in mind that the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge is not actually at the Causeway itself, but just around the coast from it. Tours can/do stop at both but just be aware it is two stops and there's a bit of a walk involved at both places, which means time as well as energy!

If you wanted to see Belfast rather than the Causeway during your time on shore, there is no need for an excursion - Belfast's Welcome Centre organises shuttle buses to meet cruises and go into the city centre, where you can take in any sights you're interested in. The Hop On Hop Off tour buses, for example, are great way to get an overview of the city's main tourist sites, although there's plenty more to see too.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
reviews: 74
2. Re: 10 1/2 hrs

I found this which may be worth considering but it doesn't answer the rope bridge question

allensbelfastbustours.com/cruiseshipexpressc…

Edited: 6:09 pm, August 24, 2012
Belfast
reviews: 35
3. Re: 10 1/2 hrs

The Taxi tours cover all the sights, and many sights the Coaches don't see like Glenarrif Watrefalls, and the dark hedges, Your ship is the bussiest and all the good guides book up quickly as they only charge a fraction of the ships prices. Cruise critic roll calls is a good way to get a share on a tour. I would reccommend no more than 4 per cab.

Ayr
reviews: 186
4. Re: 10 1/2 hrs

Hi FeliciaV,

I am just back from Belfast on Thursday and whildt there my friends and I took a taxi tour of Belfast. There were only 4 of us in the taxi but I have to say it was a brilliant way to spend 2 hours.

The guy was extremely friendly and informative and he showed us parts of the city that the bigger bus tours do not go to.

If you send me a personal message I will give you his number.

5. Re: 10 1/2 hrs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 15, 2013