We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast nightlife for 30 year olds who can't boogie

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vicenza, Italy
reviews: 1
Belfast nightlife for 30 year olds who can't boogie

Ciao, will be coming to Belfast during the first weekend of November. There are 3 of us: me in my early 30s, a local lad in the late 20s and the yout in his early 20s. The young one wants to get wrecked, pull the lasses and hit a club on the Saturday night (we have already agreed to do a pub-crawl on the Friday night), the middle one doesn't particularly like clubs but will go with the flow. I am very relunctant to go to a club or in fact anywhere rowdy and full of young lager louts in the making. I really would like to avoid teenage drinkers if possible. I don't want to be the wet blanket and spoil the fun but I really cannot enjoy myself in nightclubs anymore.

Can anyone recommend some decent chilled out and cool bars that can satisfy all 3 of us? Nice surroundings, a mixed slightly older crowd, good music, good atmosphere???

belfast
reviews: 3
11. Re: Belfast nightlife for 30 year olds who can't boogie

If u staying in creagah u can watch football in the eastenders bar (am almost sure!!!) But nearby is The point in Ballyhackamore (about 4 quuid in taxi). But the BOt in town is always packed (Botannic Inn).

Gong on what has come before I wu not recommond u go to the welly, it is good laff, but v cheesy and as some else said variety of age ranges.

If u going few bars on fri wu recommend Fibber mageesa as mentioned b4... band plays, always gets the tourists in as sometimes irih (& U2 , van morrison type music), apartment, Irene and nans , Bt1 (downstairs from fibbers all v close of hand.) Or Cafe Vaudville is a sight to b seen.

Sat i think u should hit the cathedral area .. its new part of town and is sorta the cool place to b at the mo ... I really lik the Spainard to start, it plays likes of Stone roses, kooks , kasibain style.. Go upstairs. It is small but good.

Then go to cloth ear or pott house (opposite each other) good crowd, but u need to b there b4 about half 9 or will hav to q.

If u want to a club Ollies or Upstairs in pott House (sugar rooms ) r there. Ollies can b bit pretentious but mayb u will b that drunk u not kno!!

Def wu not wear trainers as sometimes places can b funny and may use it as an excuse!!!

Anyways enjoy ur trip... u might spot me and my mates staggering around !!!

12. Re: Belfast nightlife for 30 year olds who can't boogie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 11, 2009