We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast Visit

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Belfast Visit

My wife and I plan visit to Belfast on July 20th this summer. We are trying to decide whether to stay overnight and if we do where to stay. We will travel to Belfast by train from Dublin and then return to the Dublin vicinity after our Belfast stay. We've noted a couple of B&Bs where we might seek accommodation. One is All Seasons and the other Helga House. Would like to hear from others about either of these, how close they are to points of interest, etc. Appreciate any info any might share.

Belfast Ireland
reviews: 5
1. Re: Belfast Visit

Hi whipper. Do you know the location of the b&bs you mentioned? I may be able to tell you their distances from point to point. There are two main Stations in Belfast which the Dublin Train arrives. Great Victoria Street/Europa bus Station, and Central Station. My advice would be to get off at Great Victoria Street/Europa bus Station stop. Great Victoria Street is right in the middle of things, where as, contary to its name, Central Station is about 10 to 15 mins out of things. If you are looking for an inexpensive (ish) hotel Travelodge in Brunswick Street across the road is reasonable and clean. heres the link https://www.travelodge.co.uk Search for Belfast. Rooms are around ��59 ($110) per night. Be sure to visit the Crown Bar just oppisite the Station. It's an authentic victorian Belfast bar. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Belfast, if you have anymore questions, just ask. Regards, Steve.

Belfast Ireland
2. Re: Belfast Visit

If fact whipper, I see on the left of this page, down a bit, there is a link for travelodge, it includes reviews. Regards, Steve.

Belfast Ireland
3. Re: Belfast Visit

Sorry whipper, almost forgot, www.belfastpubtours.com Good tour of traditional pubs in Belfast. Find out from guide details of live irish music. Regards again, Steve.

reviews: 173
4. Re: Belfast Visit

Just slightly confused by the last post as the Dublin train does not stop at Great Victoria Street so you will have no alternative but to get off at Central Station.

From Central Station you are a short taxi ride from the following budget hotels

Days Hotel, www.dayshotelbelfast.com

Holiday Inn Express, www.exhi-belfast.com

You will probably find these to be almost as cheap as a B&B and of a better standard.

Belfast Ireland
5. Re: Belfast Visit

Whipper, redhand is correct, my mistake. But if you check out www.translink.co.uk you will see that on your arrival in central station, you are entitled to free bus into the center. Wonder why enterprise don't go into Great Victoria Street? Verrry Strange. :O))

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 16
6. Re: Belfast Visit

Iam doing the same from dublin we want to take the train up to belfast...do you know any of the train times?

belfast
7. Re: Belfast Visit

helga House is a very cheap b&b...........try www.madisonshotel.com far better

8. Re: Belfast Visit

Express trains from Dublin - travelling time 2 hours - leave approx every 3 to 4 hours during the day so you will have no difficulty getting a train at a time suitable to you.

You should also be aware that Aircoach travel Dublin to Belfast multi times daily at a subsidised fare of only ��12 return. You can get details at Dublin airport when you arrive.

9. Re: Belfast Visit

sorry - that should read ��12 return.

10. Re: Belfast Visit

sorry again. The Pound Sterling symbol for some unknown reason is coming out as �� on the print out!!

Get answers to your questions about Belfast