We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dr Who Experience wait times

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 16
Dr Who Experience wait times

I'm planning a day trip to Cardiff for Dec 28. I don't have train times yet of course, but right now I'm planning for the 10AM Dr Who experience followed by the Brit Movie Tours bus tour (which I've already booked) for 12:30. Obviously, we'd like to get in to the Experience as close to 10AM as possible. Looking at train schedules right now (for Sat 30 Nov), it looks like the earliest we'd be able to get into Cardiff Central on a Sat is around 9:45, then taking the Baycar bus we'd probably get to the Experience between 10 and 10:15.

Is there generally a wait to get in? If we have to be there earlier, the only option I can see would be to take a train the night before and spend the night in Cardiff, but as our hotel in London is already booked, that would mean paying for 2 hotels, which I'd rather not do. Also, we only arrive in London on the 27th, so I don't really want to head right out for somewhere else the same day.

Thanks for any advice.

Bucks, UK
reviews: 11
1. Re: Dr Who Experience wait times

I've walked past it a few times and never seen a queue.

Bristol, England
reviews: 21
2. Re: Dr Who Experience wait times

I think you have to book beforehand, because the Experience starts off in an auditorium which is not very big, so only a certain number of people are allowed in at once. Athough we got there at our scheduled time, we still were not in the first group to go in.

Illinois
reviews: 16
3. Re: Dr Who Experience wait times

We are going to book in advance, but when you book it's for an hour time, so the 10AM time is really 10-11AM. I was wondering if since we probably won't be there right at 10 if we would have to wait as I think 11 is really too late to see it and still get to our bus tour. On a previous thread I posted about this, someone said the timing worked for them, but they also said they were at the Experience before 10.

Wales
reviews: 13
4. Re: Dr Who Experience wait times

There are a number of "admission windows" to the exhibition during each hour's slot, so the next X visitors can go in as soon as the previous group has left the introductory video area.

I'd say it's highly unlikely you'll have to wait long, unless there's a big group booked in. In fact the earlier you arrive in your chosen time slot, the more likely you are to have to wait because people tend to arrive at the appointed time, rather than any time during the hour. Once you're in, and through the interactive section, you can spend as long as you want in there.

Does that make sense??

Cardiff, Wales
reviews: 11
5. Re: Dr Who Experience wait times

Why don't you phone them and explain your predicament and see what they suggest?

6. Re: Dr Who Experience wait times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 15, 2014