We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
devon england
reviews: 183
Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

Try as I might ,I can't find out what time this car park shuts in the evening, we want to visit early/late evening this bank holiday weekend both the Saturday and Sunday. Can anyone enlighten me :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 242
1. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

There are a few car parks in the vicinity including the one at the Red Dragon Centre, (is it changing name soon?) one opposite it and the one near Techniquest. The Red Dragon Centre car park quotes a price for 24 hours. I would think that meant it doesn't really shut but if you are concerned why not just give them a ring or email. Here's the link:

thereddragoncentre.co.uk/visiting/parking/

Hope that helps.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 242
2. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

Parkopedia is a great website, usually pretty reliable and it indicates the mermaid quay multi storey is open 24 hrs

…parkopedia.co.uk/parking/…

Cardiff, Wales
reviews: 51
3. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

The main multi-storey car park serves the theatre in the Bay and is open for the time you want. I prefer to park there at night, since it is well lit and easy to use. For the small 2 storey car park opposite Techniquest and the open car parks you need coins to pay before parking; the main multi storey is more flexible. The Red Dragon Centre has a car park and you can get your ticket endorsed if you are using any of the facilities there. There will be free parking at County Hall (a few minutes walk through the Red Dragon Centre), unless there is an event on at Raold Dahl Plas. It is usually free though. The Park and Ride service into the city centre uses the same car park.

devon england
4. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

Thank you both very much :)

Cardiff, United...
5. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

The car park is open 24 hours a day.

devon england
6. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

Thank you :0 heres hoping the weather hold for the Bank Holiday

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
reviews: 52
7. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

If you're planning to be in Cardiff Bay this weekend, be aware that Sunday evening it will be the final stop for the celebration parade for Cardiff City FC. As a result the entire area is likely to be (a) rammed and (b) raucous. There will also be quite a lot of road closures around the area including The Flourish for the entire day and Lloyd George Avenue from mid afternoon.

There will be live bands and a big screen in Roald Dahl Plass from 1500 and it will finish with a firework display somewhere around 2100 and 2200.

Definitely wouldn't advise driving into the area.

devon england
8. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

Thank you I think we will definately stick to Saturday (this) evening :)

9. Re: Mermaid Quay Car park Cardiff Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 06, 2014