We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Express Cardiff

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
reviews: 22
National Express Cardiff

Hi,

I'm catching a National Express coach tomorrow from Cardiff Bus Station.

Since they knocked down the old NE office, where do you catch the coach?

Also, do you still have to check in as it says on the NE website?

P.S- Would you say Cardiff Bus Station is safe at night with luggage?

Thanks. JohnG

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
1. Re: National Express Cardiff

nationalexpress.com/coach/…cardiff.aspx

National Express Cardiff is situated adjacent to Cardiff Central railway station in Cardiff's thriving city centre.

Wales
reviews: 82
2. Re: National Express Cardiff

National Express stop is Row B at the bus station (nearest to main road WoodStreet). There isa national express shop along the bus exit road from the station but I think you just get straight on the coach now--especially out of normal hours.

Yes safeat night--especially today with the football on and loadsof police around!

Cardiff
reviews: 22
3. Re: National Express Cardiff

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

In case anyone else in the future needs the info the coach picks up passengers from stands B1/B2/B3.

They all have National Express branding on them, so its obvious which stands to go to. You don't need to check in, just give the driver your ticket and away you go.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: National Express Cardiff

You can track live Coaches from Cardiff on the National Express Coach Tracker. Here's a link to the main Cardiff Bus Station:

…nationalexpress.com/stops/cdimpta/Cardiff_B…

5. Re: National Express Cardiff

Hey guys just confirming is the coach station Cardiff safe around 4am?

Cardiff
reviews: 239
6. Re: National Express Cardiff

Yes I think the station is safe at 4am, lighting is Ok (not great) but as its the centre there are still people around all times of day. Chances are you will bump into people going home from a night out but I've never experienced any issues. I would be more than happy to go myself but would probably accompany my wife or kids but I would do that anywhere at 4am for my peace of mind.

Uxbridge, United...
7. Re: National Express Cardiff

im going to the motorpoint arenain Cardiff next week is this far from the national express stop

Cotswolds
8. Re: National Express Cardiff

Not far at all. If you google it you'll get a map

Wales
reviews: 13
9. Re: National Express Cardiff

If you get off at the central bus station, it's about 10 mins walk max. If you're going straight there, face the station building and head "left", past the Sleeperz, Maldron, Marriott, John Lewis and Park Inn hotel, and you're there.

Uxbridge, United...
10. Re: National Express Cardiff

great thankyou for your reply