We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardiff Castle wedding

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 1
Cardiff Castle wedding

Hi there

We are thinking of holding our wedding reception at Cardiff Castle next year - has anyone been to a wedding/function there ? Also we need some nice accommodation for guests in a good area - not too noisy! Can you recommend anywhere?

I don't think everyones budget will stretch to St Davids Hotel and Spa though we may stay there ourselves!

Finally does anyone know of any Catholic chhurches/chapels within a reasonable distance of the castle?

Many Thanks

Tab

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Cardiff Castle wedding

St David's Cathedral , Charles St. Right in the centre of the town a few minutes from the Castle.

South Wales, UK
reviews: 3
2. Re: Cardiff Castle wedding

Yep, there's a catholic church on Charles Street which is just behind Marks & Spencer on Queen Street.

The Castle is really popular with welsh couples, havent heard a bad thing about it. Look out for the peacocks tho!

The one-year-old Park Plaza Hotel is a bit cheaper than St Davids but still really stylish, especially the cocktail bar www.parkplazacardiff.com. Other city centre hotels include The Marriot hotel on Mill Lane; The Big Sleep, not bad value, and the Ibis which is probably the cheapest in the centre. There's another hotel just behind the Wales Millenium Centre which I can't remember the name of but I do know that their prices were very good. Will try and find out and come back to you. For cheap and cheerful, there are hundreds of B&Bs on Cathedral Road which is literally around the corner from the Castle. The Angel Hotel (bit dated but one of the oldest & most established hotels in Cardiff) is directly opposite the castle as is the Hilton.

Do check out the Bay while you are here - there's a fab dim sum and cocktail bar called Ba Orient that is really cool. For cheap but good eats before the big day, head to Cowbridge Road East in Canton (not far from the castle) which has lots of good Indian and Italian restaurants (La Lupa for example).

Try and get hold of a few local mags before you come (WM, the women's mag, is especially good if you want to find out about restaurants, beauty salons and clothes shops. They also have a bridal mag called Your Wedding which lists all good local bridal services and suppliers.Call 029 2058 3475 for a copy). Buzz Magazine is like a Time Out and will list events and clubs/pubs. Dont know the number but they are based in Castle Arcade.

A last and very important piece of advice: for God's sake, make sure your big day doesnt clash with any big sporting events like rugby or football internationals. Everything will be booked up for months in advance and getting to, from and around the city centre will be impossible. The bride should arrive late but not three hours late.

Email me if I can help with anything specific.

Hwyl.

Nina

Cardiff, Wales
reviews: 35
3. Re: Cardiff Castle wedding

One important thing - the castle is currently covered in scaffolding because it is undergoing major restoration - make sure it is set to be removed by the time of your reception - the interiors will be OK but in nice weather you would want some nice exterior shots