We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowdonia in november

London, United...
reviews: 5
Snowdonia in november

Hello all,

we will be visiting north Wales in November and I would like to climb a little way up snowdonia. What would be the best way to approach the walk and will it be safe to do so in November.

Many thanks.

DDD

1. Re: Snowdonia in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:52 pm, September 23, 2012
London, United...
2. Re: Snowdonia in november

Am aware that the mountain is called Mount Snowden and the area is snowdonia... I'm sorry if my message came across as 'your average town idiot' another but I can see assure you we are not. Nether do we wear trainers or 'summer outfits' another to go walking distance in. You really shouldn't be a so judgemental.

Will judge the walk on the day... Lucky we were blessed with common sense. Hey?

London, United...
3. Re: Snowdonia in november

Am aware that the mountain is called Mount Snowden and the area is snowdonia...

Am also aware that wearing trainers, t shirts, the latest fashion isn't a a good idea to go climbing, in.

You really shouldn't be so judgemental and assume that us 'Londoners' are all the kind of idiots. You mentioned.. Some of us even have commonsense...

Will judge the the walk on the day...

I think we have a map and waterproofs...

Betws y Coed
reviews: 33
4. Re: Snowdonia in november

I'm sorry you've received such a negative response to your post - to answer part of your question, the weather in Snowdonia in November is usually wet and windy, but unlikely to be snowy/icy unless you venture to the summits.

So safety wise, yes you should be safe to attempt Snowdon provided you wear the appropriate wet weather gear and good boots, and be prepared to turn back if the weather is bad. For info on walking routes, see here visitsnowdonia.info/snowdon_walks_-_6_routes…

Hope the weather is kind to you!

London, United...
5. Re: Snowdonia in november

Many thanks for your kind reply.

I really only asked a general question and felt I was told off like I was 10!!!

Never mind.recieving a nice reply makes up for that.

We have been to the betws y coed a few times now but generally go around september but I came up with the idea of visting in november which is why I asked about the weather etc.

Many thanks again for your reply.

Debbie.

6. Re: Snowdonia in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 25, 2013