We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping with decent facilities

Oxfordshire, England
reviews: 10
Camping with decent facilities

My wife and I are visiting N.Wales over the Easter bank holiday weekend and would like to camp. Having read a few reviews of camp sites in the Anglesey locality, I have not found many with positive comments. Does anyone know of a nice, quiet site that has at least a clean shower block and a shop on site? Thanks.

U.k.
reviews: 9
1. Re: Camping with decent facilities

Hi-If you want a beauty spot by the sea, try st.davids park at Red Wharfe Bay. You will be camped on the seas edge on well drained ground.They have shop,and club house, but the local walks are superb.In one direction to Red wharfe bay proper with the Ship inn, and a open air restaurant, and in the other direction to Benllech.

Cheshire
reviews: 10
2. Re: Camping with decent facilities

Fully agree but if you have not pre booked might be full!!escecially over easter,only been to Redwharf bay 1Mile east thro' the site or stroll on the beach(if tide is out) to the lonnnnnng wonderfull Bennlych Beach,of course be prepeared for lots lots lots of others having the same idea as you!!!!! as well as a shop etc there is a very large pub/resteraunt mabe like a big 'Weatherspoons'.

Kingsley, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Camping with decent facilities

Thats a very unfair description of the pub/restaurant on the site which is about as far from Wetherspoon as you can get. Despite serving gastro-pub style menu the staff were very friendly and there is a great childrens menu. We sat outside as we were determined to enjoy the good weather and to prevent our children ruining other people's lunches. The food and service were great but not a patch on the view. We couldn't have felt more welcome and our only reservation about recommeding this restaurant is that it will get v busy!!

Leeds, United...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Camping with decent facilities

Me and my OH have stopped at Golden Sunset Holidays in Benllech on two occasions and thought it was great. can get busy on bank holidays tho!! their is no shop there but it is not far to into the village and they own the camping shop their and freeze your ice packs for you. its showers and toilets are clean.

their is a 15min walk to the beach which is a nice costal foot path to walk along. at the bottom of the campsite you can go down to the rocks and watch people catch loads of fish thats if the seals dont take it off the line thiss is funny to watch tho! load of rabbits. i will be going back there at some point.

Gwynedd LL74 8SW

Anglesey
reviews: 6
5. Re: Camping with decent facilities

Golden Sunset Holidays....Great location nothing else.Like a gypsie camp from Liverpool VERY intimidating NOT a family site.

Edited: 4:33 am, July 03, 2012
6. Re: Camping with decent facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Island of Anglesey