We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King Arthur

Which North Wales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Stephens
reviews: 41
King Arthur

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are hopeing to spend a week in Wales next year......At this stage we are planning to base ourselves around the LLangollen - Snowdonia region.

I love the ledgend of King Arthur....... apart from "King Arthurs Labirynth" at Snowdonia, where would be the best places to get a feel of the ledgend ???? And how far would we need to travel from Llangollen ?

Also I would love to hear a concert of the Welsh Mens Chior.......is there somewhere we can easily go to listen ?

thanks,

Jen

12 replies to this topic
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 85
11. Re: King Arthur

I can support the Arthurian connection in Caerleon as I was there for 3yrs and racking my brains to remember back 40ys to what I knew as a fan. I believe it's connection was Merlins youth, he lived or learned there.

Glastonbury (Isle of Avalon) because for part of the year it was surrounded by flood water. If you had time you could go Caerleon and across the Severn Bridge and down to Glastonbury. You should vist Wells too if you do this.

earlybritishkingdoms.com/arthur/avalon.html

Port Stephens
reviews: 41
12. Re: King Arthur

Thank you everyone for your replies. Seeing a male voice quoir is now a must and there appears to be a local one in Llangollen.

As for satisfying my interest in the King Arthur ledgend.......you have given me too many places of interest to visit in the short time we have available,......so........we will just have to come back again and devote an entire trip to discovering King Arthur and Merlin.!!!!

Jen

Reply to: King Arthur
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted