We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 280
Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?

I'm thinking of spending a weekend in Windsor next week (it's a toss up between that and Central London where I always go!) and wondered if there's any reasonably priced accommodation options (i am not fussed whether it's a hostel, b&b or cheapie hotel) that i can get to the train station without a car. I want to stay in the city so I have food/shopping options but will be taking a day trip to Thorpe Park so will need easy access to the station for that.

Budget wise I would like to keep as cheap as possible as it's a bit of a self indulgent trip before pay day! Perhaps under £50 or even less if this exists, I don't mind a no frills stay as i'm a solo female on my own.

Also - is there plenty to keep me occupied in terms of shopping, restaurants, nice areas to walk around or would you say I was better off going to London?

Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?

I did a quick search and the only thing that came up was the oscar lodge. The location would be close enough to walk and is in a residential area. Windsor is pretty small and easily walkable. There are lots of restaurants but shops close early. There is plenty to see just walking around and safe at just about any hour except late at night by the arches where the bars are.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 127
2. Re: Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?

Under £50 is a challenge. Normally I would recommend the Travelodge in the center of Windsor, which I am showing at £64 for next week. It's a "cheap and cheerful" Tesco sort of hotel. But it is right in the center.

You could look at some of the B & Bs, which although they might come in over £50, might include a breakfast that would make it worthwhile (especially after you've seen food prices at Thorpe).

England
reviews: 280
3. Re: Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?

Thanks for your responses, I guess it might make sense to pay a little more and stay in the center of Windsor, I could pay a little extra for the Travelodge. I assume it’s a quick walk to the station from there?

Other than that I’m considering staying in Thorpe Park itself – at their hotel although I’m not sure what to expect there! I’ve seen I could get a 2 day pass for only £5 extra or so, so I guess I could do that seeing as I’m by myself. I’d like the option to be able to travel into London in the evenings to shop or wonder Windsor for food/shopping, I am not keen on having to eat at Thorpe Park (except lunch) unless I can help it!

I was considering Richmond and London but I doubt very much I’ll get either of those in my budget without staying either out of the way or somewhere sketchy.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 127
4. Re: Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?

It should only take you 6 minutes to walk from Windsor and Eton Central Rail station to the Travelodge.

Maidenhead, United...
reviews: 42
5. Re: Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?

You may be interested in Dee and Steve B and B......

http://www.deeandsteve.com/single.htm

http://www.deeandsteve.com/index.html

Edited: 4:59 pm, June 19, 2014
Reply to: Cheap accommodation easy to get to riverside station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted