We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of staying in Windsor instead of London?

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitehorse, Yukon
reviews: 29
Thinking of staying in Windsor instead of London?

Hi All.. I'm only in england one night to catch my flight back to Canada. I was thinking of staying in Windsor to see the castle and also because it is fairly close to Heathrow, is it not? I've been to London many times before, so I dont' mind not visiting as I'm passing through.

What are peoples suggestions for approx 24 hours in the London area? I really do not want to pay much for a room, as all i need is a place to sleep and shower. A B& B will do, or even a hostel. My flight leaves from Heathrow at 1:00 pm on August 3rd. So I plan on being there at 10:00 am (just to be safe).

thanks in advance for your sage advice...not so worldly travellor....

Runningalong.....

Windsor
reviews: 54
1. Re: Thinking of staying in Windsor instead of London?

Hi

Loads of people stay in Windsor instead of London and especially if you need to fly in or out of Heathrow as its only 20 mins (45 in rush hour) from Windsor by car.

There are a few good B&B's in Windsor but no hostel any more.

Pick a B&B in the centre and you'll have a lovely time, plenty to see and do for a couple of days and loads of great cafes, bars and restaurants.

Paul

London, UK
reviews: 12
2. Re: Thinking of staying in Windsor instead of London?

Yes, I think it makes sense for you to stay there, especially as you say that you have been to London many times. It is close to Heathrow too (do you need help with the best or cheapest way to get to Heathrow from Windsor?)

I don't know how cheap lodging is in Windsor though so you may want to check this out. You will easily be able to spend the best part of a day in the Windsor area (remember that in addition to the things in Windsor, Eton is right there as well) and so I would spend all the time around there.

Whitehorse, Yukon
reviews: 29
3. Re: Thinking of staying in Windsor instead of London?

Hi All...thanks for your response to my posts... I think I may stay in the outskirts of London...in the direction of Heathrow and hopefully will find a hostel or B&B there...

I havne't decided if i will take a train to London from Paris or fly? I'd like to take a train just to see the country side...

Any Suggestions?

Runningalong

Seattle
reviews: 6
4. Re: Thinking of staying in Windsor instead of London?

runningalong: Take the train. www.eurostar.com

5. Re: Thinking of staying in Windsor instead of London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Windsor