We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage ideas....

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
Luggage storage ideas....

Hi all,

we (2 adults and 2 kids, 9 & 7) are arriving into Heathrow at around 6am and check in to the Travelodge Windsor is not til 3pm, they don't do early check in or luggage storage.

Need advice on what we can do in the interim, I know we won't get through customs easily or quickly, but that still leaves quite a few hours to occupy our time after a long flight.

Have looked into the yotel at Heathrow, but I don't fancy the idea of being stuck in a little room with no windows for a rest after being stuck on the plane for nearly 24 hours.

any ideas/advice, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

southwales
reviews: 28
1. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

It might be worth contacting the Travelodge to see if an early check in is available. I think they charge an extra £10 for this.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 126
2. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

You really don't have any options other than a hotel you are staying in.

If Travelodge won't hold your bags, or allow early check-in, perhaps consider switching to a different hotel or B & B in Windsor that does.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

Thanks for the replies, have tried to amend my booking and they say there is no availability for early check in, also tried checking in a day before so we had the room earlier, again no availability. Can't cancel to book another accommodation as we apparently booked the saver rate which means we lose all if we cancel. Looks like I made a mistake with the beginning of our holiday :( Guess we'll have to try and beat jet lag, wondering around with luggage!

Bucks, UK
reviews: 5
4. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

Don't know what your plans are after Windsor, but there is a left luggage facility at Heathrow and most of the major London stations, so you could just keep a day-bag with you for the first night's sleep, then go back to collect the large items of luggage when you're ready to move on.

http://www.left-baggage.co.uk/locations.php

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
5. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

What are your plans for your trip? Maybe we can figure something out?

UK
reviews: 88
6. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

Can't cancel to book another accommodation as we apparently booked the saver rate which means we lose all if we cancel.

===========

That doesn't mean you cant have other accommodation.

1. Book a B&B for the previous night, tell them you wont be there till early oclock in the morning.

Or,

2. find a hotel that has a dayroom rate in Windsor.

In either case, you get a place to store bags, somewhere to freshen up and somewhere to crash out fora few hours if you want to. This will probably be cheaper than storing many bags at Heathrow for 1/2 day plus an extra trip to and from heathrow, plus no time wasted doing that.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
7. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

I believe I remember another visitor in your position using a company that will picked you up at Heathrow and held your bags while you visited the Castle. (You don't have to visit the Castle--but you could wander around luggage free) If you are interested in doing this, I can track them down...

Maidenhead, United...
reviews: 42
8. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

Hi Laura,

I think in the past on the forum Beaumont Cars based at Wolf Lane, Windsor have been mentioned as picking up passengers at Heathrow and holding luggage for a fee when they visit the Town.

http://windsortaxi.co.uk

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

It's so overwhelming the helpfulness of you guys on TA. Thank you for your replies. I've emailed windsorcabs which seem to have the same website as windsortaxi to see if they will hold luggage and have also enquired at the day stay hotels around, all of which seem to be in Heathrow area which isn't a problem. Luggage storage seems to be too expensive, and too much of a hassle to go back and get.

We are staying at the Travelodge for a couple of nights, then onto Legoland for one, then to Camden Town where we have booked an apartment for the rest of our stay in London.

Will keep you updated on how we go, thank you again for all of your help. VERY much appreciated.

10. Re: Luggage storage ideas....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 16, 2014